2015 NHK Mens Short Program | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Mens Short Program

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
I want to say that I really like Boyang Jing, he's an excellent jumper, has improved his overall skating immensly in the last couple of months (he was sharp today!) and he made Yuzuru Hanyu do a 4T-3T. I've waited a long time for this. I mean, we all knew that he could do it, but there wasn't a necessity to do it.

But Yuzuru already deciding before SC gala to include 2nd quad in his SP, meaning he also decided back then he'd do 4T-3T.

I really like Boyang too, but he's not the reason Hanyu is challenging himself so much on TES. That's all Hanyu on his own.

(Now Boyangs great score sure fired Hanyu up though ;) )

chairmanmao

Final Flight
The spread eagle to 4S seem OOP to me. I think it would have been better landed had he not done that entry to the jump.

chairmanmao

Final Flight
It's not that bad but not that special either. His Parisienne Walkaways interpretation is still way ahead of anything else he's done.
IMHO, obv.

I agree his Parisienne Walkways interpretation is still the best for me. I suppose Hanyu still lacks the refinement to really pull this one off like Chan did with his Rachmaninoff SP.

andyjo24

Medalist
Boyang is going up very, very fast. By the 2018 games, I predict him to score around Hanyu or even higher.....

I mean, look at his PCS. It already (1 comp) went up by 3 points from 36 to 39!

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Long live the king! And I see some people are still solid in their delusional fantasies about Jin. Of course if mediocrity like Kovtun can get 42 PCS, anything is possible.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
The spread eagle to 4S seem OOP to me. I think it would have been better landed had he not done that entry to the jump.

well he said he wants to work on 4S entry to make it harder... dear lord can it be more harder than that ? :dev2:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My prayer not only was answered, but worked so well! YAY YUZURU!!!!!

Oh and plus I wpke up like 10 minutes before my alarm which proved my theory correct.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Only 1 fall in the entire competition despite having so many quads, looks like a great competition compared to the ladies :slink:

Boyangs quad lutz is huuuge. The performance improved a lot from Coc, including the landings on the jumps. It's been an awfully long time since Hanyu had a clean SP, funny that it's when he upped his tech. Loved the 4T-3T and the 3A, and that sit spin!! :love:. I personally prefer Parisienne walkways better, but still a great program and it's good that he tries different styles!

iskate

On the Ice
(a little late to the party here)

Just watched Yuzuru's program, what a phenomenal skate! I was a little scared during the 4S though, was so sure he was going to either fall or hand down, he was so low on the landing! What an amazing save though, straight back in to the choreo. And his arms in the sit spin ahh :love: His skating is so aesthetically pleasing!

I loved his & Brian's reactions when the scores came up. Brian was like :eeking: OMGGGGG while Yuzu's reaction was more like "Yeah, that's right, I know I'm fabulous".

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Watched the broadcast on my big TV with family and we were SO impressed with all the guys today.
ONLY ONE FALL...and so many quads and some really good performances too. -It wasn't just about the jumps.

1. Yuzu! Of course, we were all cheering for him as hard as we could. It took my breath away and his face at the end was so fierce. Determination and grace, intensity and elegance in every move. At last. It gave all of Japan something to cheer about.

2. Boyang he is improving so much and his jumps are out of this world. They get so high and rotate so fast. I think he could do a 4lz-4t some day. He was also selling his program as hard as he could. I have reservations about Jin and Tango stylistically, but he's certainly not shy about doing the moves. So well done. Amazing.

3. Mura! What a wonderful skate. There is a new smoothness to Mura in this program which shows he is working very very hard to improve his skating. His over all program was wonderful. I'd mark him higher in PCS across the board. I guess his injury has fully healed and he is able to show us his huge jumps again. I hope for good things in the LP.

4. Kovtun While I like this program more than last years by miles, it needs cleaner elements or the whole thing looks a mess. The style is casual and rock and roll, but if the jumps are this messy then it falls apart big-time for me. Enjoyment-wise. nice 4s-3t though!

5. Michal was as charming as always and I continue to enjoy his ease across the ice and the way this program fits him so well. This was not a bomb by his standards. But I don't know if I expect anything from Michal for the FS. -Have fun? Don't Bomb? Please?

6. Menshov did not do badly in the jumps but when up against so many other strong jumpers AND performers, I guess he kind of got lost in the shuffle. I did like his program though. It is original and entertaining.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
I loved his & Brian's reactions when the scores came up. Brian was like :eeking: OMGGGGG while Yuzu's reaction was more like "Yeah, that's right, I know I'm fabulous".

Those two are always so entertaining in the K&C, aren't they? :luv17:

I wish that the camera people had captured Brian's reaction when Yuzuru finished skating. I love watching coaches react to their skaters and Brian almost never disappoints.

Srin Odessa

On the Ice
All of the men did very well and we even have a new world record.

I guess that means we should brace ourselves for the coming splatfest in the Free Skate.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
All of the men did very well and we even have a new world record.

I guess that means we should brace ourselves for the coming splatfest in the Free Skate.

Oh no please don't say it. :sad21: I'm still hoping they will be at least 70% of how they were in the SP

euroskate

Final Flight
Hanyu WOW, and it can even be higher without that littler something in the sal :eeking:

JIN improved soo much on components. those quads are just so so so perfect :clap:

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Lol btw anyone wondering what Patrick Chan is thinking right now?