2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens Free Skate | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2015-16 Grand Prix Final Mens Free Skate

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I don't even know how to start. This is by far the best men event I've ever seen.

Thanks everyone...Yuzu, Javi, Shoma, Patrick...Brian :clap:
Well done everyone! Magical evening...Yuzu in tears, Javi bowing, Shoma's lovely smile. These are glorious times for men figure skating. I don't care if someone/everyone was overscored...this was just a carousel of emotions. We started with Patrick's delicate skating on Chopin, then Shoma's emotional dramatic opera program, Javi's funny and relaxed performance on Frank Sinatra and then we had Yuzu's fighting intense, full of power program. :drama:
We had a pianist, a drama character, a showman and a Japanese Jedi. (and a program with 4 quads. Not a fan of Boyang, but well done on that!!!)

Omg...5 TES>95, 3 PCS>95, 3 men getting 10's...quads, quads everywhere, passion, emotions, tears of joy...I'm not even coherent right now:drama: I just love figure skating so much.
Can this get any better? Well, I'd like also Denis Ten in top 6:laugh:

And once again, well done papa Brian!

Last edited:

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
Yuzu reminiscing Yuna.
Coming after his/her own record. lol

So happy for Shoma. I would have him 2nd but whatever.

Amazing event.

AC96

Rinkside
Yuzuru's program, with level 4 everything, +3 GOE on everything, perfect 10s in all components, would score 225.79. He scored 6.31 below that. What an phenom.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
After the splatfest that was the Jr. Men's event, this was so amazing to watch live on the ISU stream (which was not geoblocked for me during the entire event!). I was shaking my head in disbelief as Yuzu kept reeling off those jumps and his tech score kept climbing well over 100. How does he do it? Nobody can touch him, and as great as Javi and Shoma were - nobody can touch him right now. Boston is going be insane! Would love to see these three on the World podium, too.

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
Unreal!

Not only did we get glorious skating but off-ice satisfaction as well. Yuzu bowing to Brian, Javi bowing to Yuzu, Yuzu breaking down and crying. It was like watching the ending of a feel good movie! :luv17:

blackey

On the Ice
isu really need to change the rule for men. since so many people have over 100 tes now, the pcs should weight more

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've watched figure skating for years and that was the best and most exciting men's final I've ever seen. Patrick was breathtaking, Jin was exciting, but, omg, the top three.... each of them skated brilliantly, one after the other. And to have that final performance from Yuzuru Hanyu...well, figure skating just doesn't get any better than this. I am in awe of them all.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
isu really need to change the rule for men. since so many people have over 100 tes now, the pcs should weight more

Yeah, it's a pretty outdated system developed in an era where skaters weren't as technical. Nowadays, both ladies and men always have significantly lower PCS than TES(Assuming they skate clean). They used to be weighed around equally and I believe that that was the intention. The situation for ladies isn't nearly as bad but for men scoring 100++ TES is practically mandatory for success.

Last edited: