2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup - Men FS

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I pity Kolyada tho, he sure can win a medal but he is just not the kolyada from yesterday. Another man that I pity is Max Aaron, I really have high hopes for him. Tho he manage to be 5th from being the 8th yesterday, he can kiss the GPF goodbye :(

Last edited:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Why are people still yakking about Javi's PCS? It's been years and he is improve a lot in that department. Javi at Worlds 2014 receive the same PCS as the newly minted Olympic Champion. FYI he is now 4-time European Champion and 2-time World Champion and you expect him to score lower than these two serial bombers.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I am very happy for him:yahoo:; however, I don't know why I always root for him.
Anyway, I admire late bloomers.
Bc there's some positive attitude about him
I always smile when I see him just step on the ice :luv17::love:

Last edited:
Why are people still yakking about Javi's PCS? It's been years and he is improve a lot in that department. Javi at Worlds 2014 receive the same PCS as the newly minted Olympic Champion. FYI he is now 4-time European Champion and 2-time World Champion and you expect him to score lower than these two serial bombers.

:rofl:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I am not the biggest fan of Javier everyone knows it but when I watch Shoma's landings .. Javi's scores are more than justified here.. and if shoma scores 91 for two footed transitions, fernandez should get more without any doubt.... I am glad that correct and good technique wins .:palmf:

auser

Record Breaker
Cappellini/Lanotte, who tend to do the same style ---charming, swingy --- of programs year after year. Javi seems to do these charming American standard programs. But as we saw, he does them well.

Thank you for the reply Mrs P.(and others) I did not realize you felt that way about Cappellini/Lanotte. About Javi, do you mean music, choreo?

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Looking at the final placements, only 2 of the twelve skaters finished in the same position as their short program position. Lots of FS movement.

Poor Artur Dmitriev gets 7th SP, and 9th FS, and still ends up in 10th overall since there was only a 4 point spread between 6th and 10th

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Uno getting +1.14 on his messed 3a landing :roll9:
and +0.7 on messy quad flip landing

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't know how likely that is, not much I think, but I'd be thrilled. That gorgeous FS ... mmm.

He has a good shot. He's at NHK and his main competition (assuming Yuzuru wins) will be Nathan Chen, Bychenko and Kolyada. Boyang Jin has a shot if he wins COC, but that's not given with Chan there.

Last edited:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
Anyway I expect Javi to do well at Worlds next years. Big chance he will surpass Chan's 2 World titles. My advice, Hanyu and Chan should start to worry about Shoma Uno who now has the TES to match and is now earning higher PCS than them for similarly flawed performances

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Anyway I expect Javi to do well at Worlds next years. Big chance he will surpass Chan's 2 World titles. My advice, Hanyu and Chan should start to worry about Shoma Uno who now has the TES to match and is now earning higher PCS than them for similarly flawed performances

:unsure:
Your posts make me giggle though. Don't let anyone stop you.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Er, Chan has 3 Worlds titles.

HanDomi

Record Breaker

My advice for you is to take math lessons. Hanyu holds the highest TES ever with 3 quads, while he added this year another 9 points BV to his FS.

Osmiumnitrate

Rinkside
Jason Brown?

Very likely Jason Brown, but sadly he might have little chance to medal due to TES unless the top 5 men above him bombs big time. Even an imploded Shoma can outscore him by a comfortable margin because of BV :(

But he still has Nathan Chen and Boyang to overcome, too.

Last edited: