2017 Russian Nationals Pairs FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 Russian Nationals Pairs FS

Kittosuni

Medalist
Am i the only one blown away by Stolbova's presence and skating skills? I mean those spread eagles are to die for

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I can see why the results may upset people, but there's such a difference in approach from one team to the other that I can see why the fed could have let S/K win. Not only they have a mature program, from an interpretative standpoint, but they have good elements too. Yeah, they had mistakes on both throws and their twist is a problem, but the rest was clean and everything in the program is connected, there's no skating around to the next element, which is what happens a lot throughout T/M's free program. I could see a wider gap in PCS even.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
They want to motivate S/K and to show the world who Russian no.1 is.

Mayhaps. T&M are the Russian #1 according in the world judges. I guess this is just for propaganda: "Hey look! T&M may have won the GPF, but our real #1 is Ksedor! #depth"

TBH, I think Ksedor are their best bet if they don't throw out a terrifying 3Tw like they did here, add their 3T+3T combo, and go back to their 3S solo jump. But fair is fair, and they didn't deserve to win with what they put out here.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
SK come after injuries, didn't compete at all this season
i think they did pretty well for their first showing
they did great & I love SK but TM were better & the Fed should show some gratitude for the progress they've shown in the absence of the leader

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
Mayhaps. T&M are the Russian #1 according in the world judges. I guess this is just for propaganda: "Hey look! T&M may have won the GPF, but our real #1 is Ksedor! #depth"

TBH, I think Ksedor are their best bet if they don't throw out a terrifying 3Tw like they did here, add their 3T+3T combo, and go back to their 3S solo jump. But fair is fair, and they didn't deserve to win with what they put out here.
THIS x 100!
I hope TM wont lose motivation being droppped like that:sad4:
If I were in their place I would have felt very disappointed

lucyagogo

On the Ice
My favs have always been SK and although I'm incredibly happy for their return I feel kinda bad for TM, they've been doing great during this season.. I'm surprised the Fed didn't let them win. :slink:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
THIS x 100!
I hope TM wont lose motivation being droppped like that:sad4:
If I were in their place I would have felt very disappointed

I know! I'd be so upset! I thought they were great! And I mustn't have watched enough pairs because I thought the twist was excellent. :scratch2:

I'm starting to think maybe Nationals should be judged by foreign judges (this goes for all Nationals not just Russian) there's so many wonky results!

Kittosuni

Medalist
So its safe to say that the team for Euros are

1. S/K
2. T/M
3. Z/E

question is can S/K stay healthy bring back their difficulty

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Maybe that was a sign from federation, that Tarasova/Morozov with four clean SP, still can't skate clean FS? Four competition and still not clean. :(

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
I know! I'd be so upset! I thought they were great! And I mustn't have watched enough pairs because I thought the twist was excellent. :scratch2:

I'm starting to think maybe Nationals should be judged by foreign judges (this goes for all Nationals not just Russian) there's so many wonky results!
afaik there was sometime when the for. judges actually judged dont remember the year

But the problem is that there should be CLEAR #1 for some reason who is pushed & pushed & pushed sometimes at the expecnse of others (like Med for example)
Imho its a stupid political approach