2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

Tutto

Record Breaker
It can. The cuts here are both strong & soft, but there is a lot of power in the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC4Fm1uy5hI

Whether Gracie can do the music justice remains to be seen, but I suspect we will hear this again. It has been underused. I have expected to see it return ever since Alissa made waves with it in 2005-2006. (Someone else has probably done it since but not stuck in my memory).

Marina does ballet well. Davis & White's Gisselle, Nathan's Le Corsaire, Sinitsina & Katsalapov's Swan Lake, the Shibs' Coppelia. All very successful programs for those athletes. Gracie does not have the balletic line many of them have. But she does have speed & power, and there is room for that in La Bayadere.

I just hope you are right!

Ender

Match Penalty
It can. The cuts here are both strong & soft, but there is a lot of power in the music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC4Fm1uy5hI

Whether Gracie can do the music justice remains to be seen, but I suspect we will hear this again. It has been underused. I have expected to see it return ever since Alissa made waves with it in 2005-2006. (Someone else has probably done it since but not stuck in my memory).

Marina does ballet well. Davis & White's Gisselle, Nathan's Le Corsaire, Sinitsina & Katsalapov's Swan Lake, the Shibs' Coppelia. All very successful programs for those athletes. Gracie does not have the balletic line many of them have. But she does have speed & power, and there is room for that in La Bayadere.
Does Gold have enough experience with ballet though? I of course hope that she will climb up again. But Gracie Gold is the near to last ones I could say as having confidence in upper body movements.

Barb

Record Breaker
These were good competently choreographed programs (and I agree anything is better than POTO!) but were they truly memorable? I don't think so. I am disappointed that Marina seems to follow the same old ''a beautiful girl needs a beautiful music'' and I was hoping for a change of direction - something dynamic, modern, powerful - sigh...

yes, because Gracie is some kind of vegetable with no opinion :rolleye:

sarama

Medalist
These were good competently choreographed programs (and I agree anything is better than POTO!) but were they truly memorable? I don't think so. I am disappointed that Marina seems to follow the same old ''a beautiful girl needs a beautiful music'' and I was hoping for a change of direction - something dynamic, modern, powerful - sigh...

They weren't masterpieces, but they were decent. And probably she is comfortable with that style and this is definitely not a season to play safe for Gracie.

Ender

Match Penalty
I never said he wasn't.

The classical/ballet piece entitled "Don Quixote" is different than what Javi is skating to, that is my point.
My point is he still plays that character. I didn't mention the ballet music.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They weren't masterpieces, but they were decent.

Giselle--Won the short for Davis & White in Canada against Virtue & Moir. V&M were reigning world & Olympic champions skating at home.

Coppelia--2nd at Worlds for the Shibs a year after they had missed the final group in the short dance. They also won 4CCs with Coppelia & earned the highest SD score of the season prior to Worlds with it.

Swan Lake--Sinitsina & Katsalapov's best program to date, IMO. They had the 6th highest PCS for it at Worlds.

Le Corsaire--Nathan Chen--age 17 & fresh out of juniors--earns the 4th highest SP PB in history with this program.

Among the best work for every single one of these athletes.

Can Gracie move like this? I do not know.

But Marina can choreograph ballet.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

sarama

Medalist
Finally some exciting choices! I liked her skating last season, but I couldn't tolerate her music at all (Celine & Josh Groban & Lara Fabian :disapp:). These are 100% better!
Absolutely!
She kind of came out of nowhere last season (at least for me), and I hope she continues on this trajectory. She is a breath of fresh air in this sport.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

nocturnalis

Medalist
Giselle--Won the short for Davis & White in Canada against Virtue & Moir. V&M were reigning world & Olympic champions skating at home.

Coppelia--2nd at Worlds for the Shibs a year after they had missed the final group in the short dance. They also won 4CCs with Coppelia & earned the highest SD score of the season prior to Worlds with it.

Swan Lake--Sinitsina & Katsalapov's best program to date, IMO. They had the 6th highest PCS for it at Worlds.

Le Corsaire--Nathan Chen--age 17 & fresh out of juniors--earns the 4th highest SP PB in history with this program.

Among the best work for every single one of these athletes.

Can Gracie move like this? I do not know.

But Marina can choreograph ballet.

To be fair, that short dance was the beginning of the infamous Tessa Virtue twizzle errors. I did like the choreo of the ballet though (the polka can go and die though).

seabm7

Final Flight
From South Korea:

http://sports.news.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=018&aid=0003878865

Da-bin Choi
SP: Papa Can You Hear Me, choreo. by Kenji Miyamoto
FS: I Feel Pretty / Maria from West Side Story, choreo. by Nikita Mikhailov

So-youn Park
SP: Black Swan
FS: Aranjuez Mon Amour (reuse of the 16-17 FS)

June-hyoung Lee
SP: Eternally by Charlie Chaplin, performed by Il Volo
FS: Bohemian Rhapsody

Jin-seo Kim
SP: Need You Now by Chris Mann
FS: Nella Fantasia

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like the LP over the SP (and I have a feeling the Gracie fans here are going to love the LP). She's been training decently, nearly getting back to form, that's about all I know right now as she's been in Colorado for a few days training and working out there.:slink:

So glad to hear that her LP seems promising. I've always liked "People" so have high hopes for that too. Thank you for your update.

randomfan

Record Breaker
From South Korea:

http://sports.news.naver.com/general/news/read.nhn?oid=018&aid=0003878865

Da-bin Choi
SP: Papa Can You Hear Me, choreo. by Kenji Miyamoto
FS: I Feel Pretty / Maria from West Side Story, choreo. by Nikita Mikhailov

So-youn Park
SP: Black Swan
FS: Aranjuez Mon Amour (reuse of the 16-17 FS)

June-hyoung Lee
SP: Eternally from Charlie Chaplin, by Il Volo
FS: Bohemian Rhapsody

Jin-seo Kim
SP: Need You Now by Chris Mann
FS: Nella Fantasia

After seeing the hint on Soyoun's instagram, I was really hoping she'd bring back her "The Swan" program from 2014. But my dreams never come true anyway...:laugh:

I normally wouldn't mind Swan Lake/Black Swan (even though it's such a warhose), but I know for sure that Kaetlyn Osmond and Alina Zagitova (and probably many others) are using it too. Plus, Alina is using it for the SP......I think this season will make me sick of this music again...

As for Dabin, I actaually predicted she'd use Papa Can You Hear Me and got it right! :yes: I think it suits her. But I don't know what to say about the FS music...

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I should really create a Bingo for these choices. I think this is the 4th Tango of Roxanne this season? Maybe this weekend I'll compile how many of each music there'll be, for fun.

Barb

Record Breaker
I should really create a Bingo for these choices. I think this is the 4th Tango of Roxanne this season? Maybe this weekend I'll compile how many of each music there'll be, for fun.

But Artur G. was one of them, and I think he won´t be competing. Well, 1 less :console:. I was getting excited about the possibility of V/M skating El Tango de Roxanne, not anymore.

sarama

Medalist
These choices are very Karen, so I'm sure they'll look good, but I would have appreciated if at least one wasn't a warhorse

russell30

Final Flight
Karen Chen
SP El tango de Roxanne
LP Carmen
(chor. Mark Pillay)
http://figureskatersonline.com/karenchen/2017/07/20/ready-olympic-season/

I am not very happy about it. Fortunately she seems very excited about the election and it was she who chose them.

:disapp:Oh Dear!!! - There is so much music out there but we see time and time again skaters playing safe in particular Olympic year.....so far the music choices this season have been blah!!!!

Lets hope the rest of the skaters yet to announce there music have bold choices!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Noooooooo!!!!! 2 warhorses for Karen!?!?!? I am so disappointed 😔. There are thousands and thousands of music choices out there. But what annoys me more is, even if you do decide on a warhorse, why do you have to use the exact same cuts as everyone else?😫😫 Like: Carmen is a 3-hour opera, right? But everyone uses the same parts of Carmen. Same with Swan Lake and Turandot. Each has about 3 hours worth of music but everyone's 4 minutes sound the same. Boo.