2017 Austria Ladies SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2017 Austria Ladies SP

Shandy

On the Ice
I loved Michaela-Lucie's music! Didn't stop tapping my foot the whole time. How fun!

Country
Russia
Tarakanova - winner of Trusova both at Nationals Younger and Elder age past season. At 2015 - winner of Zhuk Memorial (younger age).
Well-knowh and for her age titled.

andromache

Record Breaker
I think Gubanova should wd from her second GP.
There is so many talented juniors out there, and she looks totally out of shape.

What do you mean by out of shape?

Her stamina seems fine. Not sure what happened on the jumps, but she's never been very consistent. But when she's brilliant, she's one of the best in the world.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Michaela-Luci... not a big fan of the music and definitely not for the costume :palmf:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Tarakanova's understated no-frills style mixes surprisingly well with the Eteri school for my taste. Still I think she might have been slightly overscored. A certain flash was missing which the other two had.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
The winner of the ladies SP had a higher score than the winner of the men's SP. Even with less factoring on the PCS. Wild.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It's not that she'll withdraw. It's that Russia will reassign the spot to another lady.

She can redeem herself during the FS but yes, she was really disappointing. If she cannot possibly make the GPF, they really shouldn't give her 2 spots. It'd be pretty disappointing for her, though. One has to wonder what exactly she's been doing...

tjb

Match Penalty
After Gubanova, Taranakova just does nothing for me. She can do the elements and the transitions, but there's nothing special or very polished about her.

While there are similarities among all of Eteri's girls with the Eteri style, they've always been very unique and individual. But this one seems very generic Eteri.

The jump in the middle of her program was cool, I guess.

she switched to eteri just 3 months ago. girl simply needs some time. it's a miracle what eteri did to trusova and zagitova in a year, and i think tarakanova also gonna be a lot more polished next season

sarama

Medalist
Gubanova's jumping technique always looked doomed, but I was hoping it would last a little longer, she is so precious:sad21:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What do you mean by out of shape?

Her stamina seems fine. Not sure what happened on the jumps, but she's never been very consistent. But when she's brilliant, she's one of the best in the world.

I agree.....and just maybe we she see how she does in the FS first:laugh: She likes the SP dramas for sure.

Problem is...she's a figure skater in a jumping contest. :think:

Kara

Final Flight
Gubanova was the Russian lady I wanted to see on the top, but that's no fault of Tarakanova. I'm just hoping Gubanova has an incredible FS and keeps her second JGP spot.:(:(

tars

Record Breaker
Eunsoo's jumps were higher, cleaner, better.
Eunsoo's expression, body movement, grace and face were SO MUCH better.
Eunsoo is losing by two points. :disapp:

I love my Russian babies, I respect Eteri, but what a joke! Judges need to STOP. :whack:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Eteri better not tame that wild spirit inside of Tarakanova. She's spunky!!

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Tarakanova - winner of Trusova both at Nationals Younger and Elder age past season. At 2015 - winner of Zhuk Memorial (younger age).
Well-knowh and for her adge titled.

Unfortunately for her, she still is sort of stuck being #3 for her age group. It's a really strong group. The good thing is that all three have different strengths so none of them completely outclasses the others(Though Shcherbakova comes very close to doing that).

ejnsofi

Final Flight
She can redeem herself during the FS but yes, she was really disappointing. If she cannot possibly make the GPF, they really shouldn't give her 2 spots. It'd be pretty disappointing for her, though. One has to wonder what exactly she's been doing...

It looks like she has grown a lot over the summer. Her jumps has never been stable and if add the puberty we will get falls. She is lovely skater and I hope she will be flawless in FS

Ender

Match Penalty
Gubanova's jumping technique always looked doomed, but I was hoping it would last a little longer, she is so precious:sad21:
Her presentation is so mature, what a pity.

Eteri does have huge influence though, her students make quite big shout out.

andromache

Record Breaker
Maybe we she see how she does in the FS first:laugh: She likes the SP dramas for sure.

Problem is...she's a figure skater in a jumping contest. :think:

And it's so sad!

It'd be nice to her better rewarded on PCS in comparison to the other ladies. The effortlessness of her skating along with what a great performer she is really just puts her on another level than any other junior, and most seniors. That should be worth something.

Shayuki

Record Breaker

Unfortunate. It really didn't even last for the last season either, and this season they weren't even close.

She's a very lovely skater when she lands everything but unfortunately that's probably going to be pretty rate. You have to wonder if it's possible for her to relearn the proper technique... Changing her coach could work. She's still young I I believe the jumps should still be possible to be saved.