2017 Austria Ladies SP | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2017 Austria Ladies SP

Shayuki

Record Breaker
And it's so sad!

It'd be nice to her better rewarded on PCS in comparison to the other ladies. The effortlessness of her skating along with what a great performer she is really just puts her on another level than any other junior, and most seniors. That should be worth something.

Unfortunately, to get good PCS you also can't fall on your jumps. She got under 26 PCS here I believe, which is extremely low for what a skater like her should be able to get.

Hopefully she has a redemption during the FS, even if she fails to make it on the podium.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Video with Nastya's program is just appear and South Koreans already disliked it too much on youtube, just like it was Adelina. Miserable.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And it's so sad!

It'd be nice to her better rewarded on PCS in comparison to the other ladies. The effortlessness of her skating along with what a great performer she is really just puts her on another level than any other junior, and most seniors. That should be worth something.

Lets adopt her and bring her to America!! She'd skyrocket thru our depth charts and have time enough to stabilize her jumps and win an Olympic medal in another four years. You'll have to take her on weekends though...I'm not dealing with a teenage girl come Saturday night :laugh:

LadyB

Record Breaker
Team Tutberidze in the lead again! Although, I must admit, I'm not totally blown away by Tarakanova. I actually feel sorry for Gubanova, I found her a lot more mature than last year, which is to be expected. Hope she has a great FS!

Leonardo

Final Flight
Eunsoo's jumps were higher, cleaner, better.
Eunsoo's expression, body movement, grace and face were SO MUCH better.
Eunsoo is losing by two points. :disapp:

I love my Russian babies, I respect Eteri, but what a joke! Judges need to STOP. :whack:

hmmm
I get you, but I don't agree with you. Tarakanova had great jumps (except for the first combo but it was ok), great transitions, lots of maturity, lots of speed, transitions, commitment to her performance, good spins, great ss and very interesting artistry. A breath of fresh air.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Eteri better not tame that wild spirit inside of Tarakanova. She's spunky!!

I was just talking about this to a friend.

Oh her program is very Eteri in terms of how it's structured and personally I see nothing wrong with that. It's a sport and it racks up points.

But as a skater? Tarakanova is wild! I hope Eteri polishes that, instead of filing it down to the average but there is nothing generic about this girl. The music cuts are odd, but from her very starting pose she's so into it, ending with the last pose where I was laughing, in a good way, at that out of it smile because it fit the whole program. The struggle, the effort, she's trying to show.

She definitely needs polishing, and she needs more work, but talk about a promising skater! She seems like such out of the box skater that I love it, in the sea of usual.

Well I have found two I really liked today, Moa and Tarakanova.

Ender

Match Penalty
I actually quite like Tarakanova'a choreography. It's eh... avant garde

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Tarakanova got all Level 4s while Eunsoo did not. I do think Eunsoo deserved a bit more PCS though. Starr also had all Level 4s...great!

andromache

Record Breaker
hmmm
I get you, but I don't agree with you. Tarakanova had great jumps (except for the first combo but it was ok), great transitions, lots of maturity, lots of speed, transitions, commitment to her performance, good spins, great ss and very interesting artistry. A breath of fresh air.

Hard to see where the maturity and artistry come in for her just yet. Nice jumps, transitions, and speed, but nothing about her performance felt effortless. She looked very rushed, and she hasn't yet learned how to move more fluidly, less haphazardly. Eunsoo is more polished and her skating more effortless and fluid.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I actually quite like Tarakanova'a choreography. It's eh... avant garde

Yes! I love it too.
I am rewatching and I don't see anything generic here at all. On the contrary, avant garde all right. Or out of the box, especially for a Junior!

Kara

Final Flight
Overall a much better skated event than yesterday's. Good job Eunsoo and Gubanova for the highest GOE received for a single element this event! +1.4 for Eunsoo's combo jump and +1.4 for Gubanova's step sequence which totally deserved it. Absolutely divine. Hoping for both of them to skate absolutely flawlessly tomorrow and for Eunsoo to let it all go and skate with that fierceness of hers!! And for her spins to come together.:palmf:

NaVi

Medalist
The camera man needs to make sure that we can see their skates during the step sequence...

Ender

Match Penalty
Hard to see where the maturity and artistry come in for her just yet. Nice jumps, transitions, and speed, but nothing about her performance felt effortless. She looked very rushed, and she hasn't yet learned how to move more fluidly, less haphazardly. Eunsoo is more polished and her skating more effortless and fluid.
It's the levels that made the most difference. And maybe skating order too.

Leonardo

Final Flight

Yes. Eusoo is polished and fluid, Tarakanova is wild, a little rushed, but very intense, she looked more into her performance than Eusoo. In some aspects Eusoo is better, but in some other aspects I think she was outskated by Tarakanova. But the real difference was actually BV. They got almost the same goes and pcs.

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Compared to her strong teammates, Gubanova is a very beautiful & natural performer, but her jumping technique is really worrisome. Looks like her leg is injured. What a pity.

Tarakanova even beat Trusova's SP score with such a boring skate? :no: