2017 GP NHK Ladies SP | Page 41 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies SP

chloepoco

Medalist
I’m wondering whether anyone is as outraged as I am about the BESP commentators insinuating that Satoko won her world medal because the JSF helped her?! And calling her replaceable? The bathroom break comment (from CoC) is nothing compared to some of the things they were saying about her, in my opinion.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Giving her +2 for that 2 axel is an insult to the rest of the skaters. The same with +3 for 3f3t and 3loop
?
You will be happy to know Zhenya received all 1s for her 2A, plus a 2 and a 0, for a GOE of 0.50. For her combo she received all 2s, plus three 3s, for a GOE of 1.60.

Both of them were fair: her 2A had a bit of a shaky landing, but she executed it with difficult transitions in and out, fully rotated it, and used the tano variation. The combination was solid, fully rotated, with difficult transitions in and out and a tano/rippon variation.

Purv

Match Penalty
You will be happy to know Zhenya received all 1s for her 2A, plus a 2 and a 0, for a GOE of 0.50. For her combo she received all 2s, plus three 3s, for a GOE of 1.60.

Both of them were fair: her 2A had a bit of a shaky landing, but she executed it with difficult transitions in and out, fully rotated it, and used the tano variation. The combination was solid, fully rotated, with difficult transitions in and out and a tano/rippon variation.

i DIDNT say that she received them today, but we know that she will get higher score and juges will be overscore everything throwing away +3 on right and left. We were talking about the future ,dear yoloaxel. Blades of Passion suggested that they will be giving her +2 on her weak axel anyway just to increase the score which i agree with and I will be finding pathetic
Now she get most 2 for her combo but we know that in the end of the season it will increase to 3 without a reason, with the same executed combo. HEre in japan she got the decend score , 79 . I would get less for PCS,so it would end 77,76, but for sure she will need up with 85 with the same stuff
difficult transitions in and out,

diffucult? typical rather,they were girls who did it before with better executed axel acutally

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
diffucult? typical rather,they were girls who did it before with better executed axel acutally

As you can hear at min 3.51 in this video, the analysts from Eurosport disagree: "it's actually the transitional content that's the thing that she does that nobody else can do" :)

As for her future scores, we will comment on them and whether they are fair or not when she actually skates at GPF and Olys and receives them.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Not had time to read the comments yet, only watched the clips. Here are my impressions.

Congrats Mirai!! Yes, the Get angry get mad Mirai can be a kick butt Mirai, make it work, let it empower you!!! Work those PCS, work those GOEs, rotate rotate rotate!! (This should be the army drill for you until US nationals). Hope we see She-Hulk Mirai unleashing her Ragnarok by US nationals!!!

First time I watched Polina properly, now I totally get the hype. She ain't some skinny lightweight pre-pube jumping bean drill and seems the real deal. Being so statuesque and powerful classical skater actually makes a good impression on ice... speed, great jumps, nice carriages, even better than Alina and dare I say Evegenia if she has the consistency and better programs, improve her SS, develop her own unique style, and really perform. Buuuut the program is all sort of 'Nooo!!!!!! Not this is this again?!! :unsure:' but of course found it was by Averbukh/Eteri then the world made sense again. There's NOTHING remarkably Game of Thrones about it. Totally superficial and shallow, treating the music like some generic background sound wallpaper. The usual extended miming choreography that has no purpose... Oh, I didn't know Game of Thrones is about a bunch painters!! Too much same spot miming for time wasting and save energy for a 2nd half bonus, and that flicker on the palm choreography is ridiculously dumb.... more mouth gaping emotional expression (I can't even :palmf:) it is just beyond silly now. Need better choreographer and tastemaker Polina, you can be so much better than this!!

SoYoun is still a beautiful gorgeous swan, continue to be undermarked in PCS, continue to break my heart, but that seems the story of her skating life pretty much :no:. Amazed to find Charterand under her, so much for skating while Canadian... must have been a myth!

Heh, I knew Evegenia would benefit bounce PCS off Carolina. It is actually one of the techniques in boosting PCS momentum, that is how they did it for Sochi at the Europeans Championships.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I dont see any point in doing this because the rest of the program, I mean skating has nothing to do with the intended "theme " of this program.Talking about what this program all about it pointless. We should rather figure it out by themselves. Explaining a program "Tis is about..." is just stupid. And if not the last "scene" the program could be "about" anything else.Anyway ,that breath is plain dumb for me and has nothing to with clinic death afterall.Why add embarassing stuff like that ?Sorry I am harsh ,but during whole program skater do boredom plain stuff, with any connection to the music or "theme" and in the end addind some weird faces pretending that is artistic and "it is about something" Thats doenst work. Mimic and faces is not enough, Zhenia.Work on your body movements, expres feelings,music and emiotions through your body and skating ..not the mimics and open mouth We dont need this
I'm just defending the fact that she and her team made an artistic choice. Not everyone will like it. I personally like it.

kalle

On the Ice
This is turning into one of my favorite Kostner program ever.
I simply love everything about this choregraphy and the footwork pure art. I cannot understand why she is not a few points higher than Med PCS wise..

Glad to have Satoko back but I have a feeling it will be tough for her to get back to the level she was coming from before the injury.

This was a much improved SP by Mirai. Attack and the energy was good and the program finally starts to feel smoother with the new jump layout. Still work to be done with the UR's but as usual, she seems to find her form by the second GP.
If they could at last switch the Lutz for the Loop, I would start to get feel this program could be a winner by Nationals.
Of course people will always complain she is either showing zero face or as today, too much face so I hope Nagasu finds her own way to balance the emotions

Polina was great and happy to see she scored well.
Again, I would never score this performance almost 10 points lower than Med but I have not checked the breakdown of the scores.Choreography was nice but it left a very strong "Med 2" after taste..

Med was doing another Med and it starts to feel less and less interesting. I hope if she wins the Olympic Gold and if she continues, she will try a completely different road choregraphy wise next season.

Rika was good and as always, despite her issues, she is always a true performer (like Leonova).

The LP should be interesting to see if Polina manage to top Kostner. I wonder if Carolina is landing any 3F/3Ts or Lutzes in practise..

I can't for the life of me figure out the meaning of Polina's hand gestures; it's the kind of choreography that I think would look random on a lot of other skaters, but she makes it look beautiful and purposeful. It is like she is casting some dark enchantment over the ice. A real actress!

Purv

Match Penalty
As you can hear at min 3.51 in this video, the analysts from Eurosport disagree: "it's actually the transitional content that's the thing that she does that nobody else can do" :)

As for her future scores, we will comment on them and whether they are fair or not when she actually skates at GPF and Olys and receives them.

British eurosport overacts all the time. Listen to their comments for skaters form second group for instance. You will laugh. And the from last group are always exceptional,amazing,masters.Medviedeva has normal number of transisitons , it seems like she is exceptional (how you think)because she jumps ALL her elements in A ROW, thats why it seems that her programs is full packed with transition. Thats the trick. If program was more balanced with typical layout you wouldnt see that

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
British eurosport overacts all the time. Listen to their comments for skaters form second group for instance. You will laugh. And the from last group are always exceptional,amazing,masters.Medviedeva has normal number of transisitons , it seems like she is exceptional (how you think)because she jumps ALL her elements in A ROW, thats why it seems that her programs is full packed with transition. Thats the trick. If program was more balanced with typical layout you wouldnt see that

Actually outside the combo every elements (spins included) have transitions in or out or both.

It's funny that you said that she is slow, because here she was noticeably faster than her previous events.

Polina for example has a similar amount of transitions but she was way more cautious (for obvious reasons) although no one can deny that she has one of the best jumping technique, her Ltz-toe is THE best in ladies figure skating. Delay on the rotation, height, distance and flow.

Bcash

Final Flight
Wow Tsurskaya was great! Lovely smooth power and lines. Relief to see not every Eteri skater "muscles" or "yanks" herself into the air like Medvedeva.

ETA: leg lines could be better.

npavel

On the Ice
Who were they? :(

The 9 years old Gioia Virginia Casciani and cusin, 17 years old Gineva Barra Bajetto died on the Brennero highway after Gioia has won the competition in Merano, Coppa dell'amicizia - friendshipcup. Their mothers are twins

Purv

Match Penalty
Actually outside the combo every elements (spins included) have transitions in or out or both.

It's funny that you said that she is slow, because here she was noticeably faster than her previous events.

Polina for example has a similar amount of transitions but she was way more cautious (for obvious reasons) although no one can deny that she has one of the best jumping technique, her Ltz-toe is THE best in ladies figure skating. Delay on the rotation, height, distance and flow.

She had no transistion before combo? How is that?
Before loop i dont see any exeptional moves , it would be harder if she did it right from the spread eagle like one of russians, i dont remeber her name now, but I saw it once and it was fantastic..
HEr transistions before axel is nothing exceptional either, whats the fuss about?And her spins?You serious?Those transistons are not common for you?

Polina has also the transitions belore axel like Evgenia, the same with loop, even harder and?

Lily flowers

On the Ice
At this point people are clapping for Medvedeva so quickly at the end just so they don't have to hear the stupid breath sound in the program. Now I see the genius of this bad choreography and interpretation - when the audience is given such an easy chance to cover it up, it gives off the impression of the performance being so great that everyone started clapping before it was over and never stopped! Seriously, genius! The Olympic audience will never even hear the breath sound, they'll only hear clapping and think Medvedeva did something so special that she deserved a more prolonged reaction than anyone.

?¿؟

rollerblade

Record Breaker
I heard "the stupid breath sound" very clearly tonight, and if I remember correctly the audience waited until the track ended to applaud. Also, I don't think it's stupid or a manipulation. Maybe it could be executed a bit better (I mean the sound design), but she's talked about the concept behind the program. It's an artistic choice, and, personally, I like it.

I'm too lazy to google.... what was the concept anyway? And what's the deal with that lady voice over in the middle?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Personally I expected a bit more from Polina's SP. Game of Thrones always comes with expectation, but I see no relation to that, the choreography looks exactly like what Evgenia's choreo looked like during the last few years. Her jumps are phenomenal, high and powerful, clearly rotated. Still, I think Alina showed more individualism in her programs. For me personally this is too obviously Med-style.

A bit disappointed in Satoko's jumps, because I adore her SP, it's one of my favourites of this season. I see her chances are getting lower to get on that team.

Carolina impresses with consistency. I thought Russia had been a lucky outing for her, but if she actually begins to skate clean all the time, she can even get on that Olympic Podium. Who would've guessed? :agree:

No one cares about Rika, but I love that girl. Too bad she's not going to the Olympics either.

Ah..almost forgot...the 3A. The message is clear, no one cares about the 3 A anymore. Liza and Mirai land them, but no one cares. Too bad.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Carolina impresses with consistency. I thought Russia had been a lucky outing for her, but if she actually begins to skate clean all the time, she can even get on that Olympic Podium. Who would've guessed? :agree:

I mean she said among the reasons why she came back to compete, she wants to medal at Pyeonchang and looking at her scores she is a serious candidate for the silver or bronze.