2017 GPF Men's FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Men's FS

jillredhand

Record Breaker
I forgot Mikhail is in this GPF, too! *perks up*

Too bad this is turning into a disaster skate...

It's... definitely the ladies doing some kind of consistency voodoo. They got all the landings this event. Everyone else has to suck it up.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He could have jumped over the boards like Midori Ito with that speed and height on that attempted 4Lz

That's one of the greatest moments in figure skating seriously...I can't believe how she just popped back up and jumped back on the ice, what a lady!

Gee I hope I have't jinxed Mikhail here.

that is the problem with the falls.

the ladies skated will, the men fall even with quads, kinda of hurts their program.
They stand out more against the clean skater no matter the jump double/triple/quad or even in combinations.

people remember the falls,
the clean skates,

shmay

On the Ice
It's truly unforgivable that Kolyada hasn't changed this FS yet.

What the hell is his coaching team thinking?

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
That 4T3T is always there to save him. He really should plan the -3T in the second half.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
They'd probably be popping and falling right there with these guys, to be honest, but doing it in a more mature, refined style. :biggrin:

Ahahah probably! But they just bring that X factor to the field in my opinion, and I really miss that!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I don't think that's entirely fair. When I say he's progressing artistically, I am speaking only in terms of where he was and where he is.

In that case, I'd totally agree with you! He's miles ahead of where he was a year ago.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I really like Misha as a skater, but this program does not work for him. It's worse there's another skater out there that does Elvis music more justice. Heck Yulia does!

da96103

Record Breaker
Mikhail is doing wobblies.

Which competition was it that someone said everyone was trying not be on the podium.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason might end up with second highest PCS here. URGH JASON WHY DID YOU HAVE TO CHANGE BOOTS NOW...well better now than nationals, I guess.

I think Misha racked up enough points to still beat Voronov.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
"Can't Help Falling in Love" plays and all I can think of is Yulia. :sad21:

...and not only is this program bad but it was performed terribly. :drama:

Can we get Voronov on the podium??

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Ouch... rough skate by Kolyada. He had a few nice jumps (and has great SS), but a lot of problems. This program is just cringe-worthy - soooo uninspired and awkward. He needs to take some pointers from Nic Nadeau!

moriel

Record Breaker
I love Kolyada, but this should go below Voronov, and Voronov should be on podium.
He at least landed all his stuff.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
I love Nathan's program, I think it really suits his style, and I'd love to see him skate it cleanly. Still, good fight.