2017 GPF Men's FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Men's FS

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
And the gate is open... interesting little prince valiant.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
In good fashion, Shoma fails his more reliable jump and nails his new one. Only legends.

Lota

Record Breaker
German commentator man just mentioned Plushy! But I'm not sure what he's saying?!

I think he was saying Kolyada was trying to be charismatic, but lacking the charisma of, say, Plushy :biggrin:

While I won't pretend to understand everything the German commentator is saying... he is savage indeed :laugh: he says what he thinks.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
i blame the quads. all the men are pushing so hard to get at least one on their roster, and those that have one push to get another one up on the others and I think overall consistency suffers a lot for it

Yeah, exactly. Maybe if Trusova starts pushing the quad envelope really hard, the ladies' field will have to take on some of that as well.

slider11

Medalist
So far Voronov has the best Performance score at 9.0. Really? Doing lots of jumps and flailing your arms = great performance?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think Elvis music is better for a short program than a long. In the long where his best hits are stuffed together makes it feel......too long, and there is not much contrast and dynamics.

all guys should look at Nic Nadeau's Elvis FS (choreographed by She-Lynn if I'm not mistaken) and see how a FS to that music should be done - it has to have variety, good changes of tempos and some spunk, spirit overall in design, not to going through the motions, pretending to be Elvis. Nic really interpreted the character, not trying too hard or too little to be like Elvis himself.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
He wishes him back after all the lackluster performances in this competition.

LOL...so true, so true...there's just something about Plushy...I've never watched a program of his and looked at the time or thought "This is going on a bit long, isn't it?"

Fear not German Commentator Man, Plushy's coming to a kiss and cry near you soon :laugh2:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I hate the TES ticker now that I only want to cry about levels. Shoma, your levels!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
So Shoma, are you trying to GIVE Nathan the gold at this point?

Kittosuni

Medalist
Congrats Voronov for being the only one who skated clean!! Hopefully Rusfed or the judges gives you the respect you deserve!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think he was saying Kolyada was trying to be charismatic, but lacking the charisma of, say, Plushy :biggrin:

While I won't pretend to understand everything the German commentator is saying... he is savage indeed :laugh: he says what he thinks.

Ah I did think it could be something like that...savage indeed!

Geeze Shoma what's happening here?! Are you OK, man?