2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

reneerose

Final Flight
Piper's dress is much better, but I still think maybe a paler red would've matched up better, with Paul's costume...it's still quite nice though! I love the colour of Kaitlyn's dress!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm always curious about it, does he stick them on for the RD? Is it drawn?

No, he grows it in for real! There was a little video interview with them about a week ago and he had it half grown already. Presumably he then shaves it off quick-smart before the FD. :)

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
No disaster this time, whew

Both lv 4 YYYY!

I don't get emotionally attached to them for some reason, but that was excellent

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh: at SBS man not mentioning the Team Gold and bronze at Sochi when mentioning Nikita's medals with his former partner.

That was a fab Tango though!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I don't get emotionally attached to them for some reason, but that was excellent

There's a real lack of spark for me too. Seeing them live I felt the same way. They seem very fast and efficient. But it's like they have walls up as performers or something. Can't get into it. [emoji848]

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Sinitsina / Katsalapov (RUS)

Tech:

- Twizzle: Fast first set, a little wild but very strong rotation and attack (Lv 4/4)
- Pattern: Good attack, sharp curves, good balance (kpYYYY + kpYYYY)
- Lift: Nice change of position and good exit, fast rotation
- Step: Strong sync and attack, grabs the music very well, very polished

Pres:

- Wonderful recovery from the mishap at Euros! They've really worked on grabbing each nuance of the music and making it resonate. They went for the twizzles and didn't hold back this time. I think that Sinitsina could have a little more fire, I find myself looking at Katsalapov more throughout the dance. But very strong performance, fantastic overall!

Score: 83.94, TES 46.10, PCS 37.84

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Victoria SINITSINA / Nikita KATSALAPOV
Russia
Music: "Verano Porteño," by Astor Piazzolla performed by Raúl Garello
Choreography by: Sergei Petukhov
Costumes: Black tango dress with cut back and sides for her (I'm not a fan; less may be more but this is pushing it), all black with blazer for him

Required Elements:

They're certainly a striking looking couple and bring the Big Drama. Have been curious to see if being Russia's New Number 1 is going to affect them...

Twizzles - Level 4 for both, 3.34 goe. One wild swing in 2nd set for him, but no flingy twizzles today
TR Pt1 - Level 4 YYYY 2.68 goe
TR Pt2 - Level 4 YYYY 2.41 goe
Really, it's the TR of the Year
Rotational Lift - With a lovely sculputural entry position before the rotation. Level 4, 1.38 goe
ML St Seq - Level 4, 3.71 goe

Well that's one RD I'm saving to watch in future years. Gauntlet thrown. With force.

Good for them. Easily should be a SB

Score: 83.94 and yes, a SB.