2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

deedee1

Record Breaker
I was there today. :biggrin: Rythm Dance was, how can I say in English?, so mesmerizing! :drama: Esp Papa/Cize. They gave me goosebumps while my jaws were like :jaw::jaw: the whole time. :laugh: Can't believe they skated on the same rink as others.

There were so many fabulous performances starting from Fear/Gibson of Group1. And the last 2 Groups were unbelievable. I don't quite remember how many times I got stand-up for ovations! :yahoo:
As usual, my husband and I were watching from the ceiling literally, short side (right center from judges' side) this time.
Were I a judge, I would have placed performance-wise: 1. Papa/Cize, then a tie btwn 2/3 Step/Bukin or Chock/Bates. But I'm no expert of course. :eek:hwell:

leilaraj

On the Ice
I was very impressed with the hunger they showed in warmups (the snippets that I've seen on IG) and really appreciate that they aren't taking the Ice Dance pre-placement judging for granted. I hope they continue to challenge themselves and push Ice Dance forward based on their technique and talent.

Definitely noticed that, especially Gabriella was very fierce in the warm up!
And yes to the not taking judging for granted especially when you compare them to H/D!
I gotta say I fell in love with H/D in the Olympic season but they have such a smugness about them when it comes to their scores (Zach’s comments aside), you can see it everytime in the knc and I really dislike that, while P/C are maybe a little reserved you can still see the appreciation and sense of pride? (Maybe not the right word lol)

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I didn’t have the volume up high on my phone when I set its alarm, so I didn’t hear it slept in till the last group of the ladies freeskate. :( I’m only catching up with the RD videos now. Booooo.
Enjoy! Let me know what you think re Spodriev's shirt and my suggestions for Trennt Michaud!