2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Rhythm Dance

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Everyone really worked hard on the patterns or the judges score them less strictly. Over the season we saw a lot of NNNN and lost levels and here everyone seem to hit them.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
All the ladies are having to duck when the guys go in for a kiss on the lips at the end -- don't smudge their lipstick, dudes!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Their twizzles look so sloppy. I don't get the high GOE.

Really? I thought they were really sharp and fast, but I'm no expert that's for sure!

Love that Charlene's bracelet matches Marco's shirt. They're such a cute couple.

leilaraj

On the Ice
It will be interesting to see what levels H/D will get on the patterns, they haven‘t got 4s on the patterns the whole season

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Guignard / Fabbri (ITA)

Tech:

- Twizzles: Fast first set, equally fast second set, strong third set, nice cartwheel entry (Lvl 4/4)
- Pattern: Very strong curves, lengthy curves, good stability (kpYYYY+kpYYYY)
- Lift: Good seamlessness in lift coming straight from choreo (Lvl 4)
- Step: Good timing and edging, nice sync, could have more impact (Lvl 4)

Pres:

- Strongest performance of the rhythm dance from them in my book. Very good levels and very smooth with powerful edgework. The overall choreography could use a lift; they need something that sets them apart from the rest of the pack because they have all the basics to create a more compelling story.

Score: 81.66, TES 45.47, PCS 36.19

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Italy
Music: "Miedo a La Libertad (Orchestral)" by Tanghetto; "La chanson des vieux amants" performed by Kantango; "Tanos" by Lino Cannavacciuolo
Choreography by: Barbara Fusar Poli, Corrado Giordani
Costumes: Black dress with sheer back and patterned overlay for her; basic black with red shirt and black suspenders for him

Required Elements:

Slow and sexy tango steps to start. Then a HUGE Cartwheel into
Twizzles - They do twizzle well with great speed and closeness. And it's a fab entry. Level 4 for both, 3.02 goe and it should be higher.
TR Pt1 - Level 4 YYYY 2.01 goe
TR Pt2 - Level 4 YYYY 2.09 goe
BRAVO! Well deserved
and RIGHT INTO one of the better
SL Lifts I've seen, with her hand on his boot and rotating. Yes, they stole it from Canada (both WePo and G/P have done it). Well if you're gonna steal... Level 4, 1.18 goe
Finally! A tempo change! Picking up speed into
Diag Step Seq - Level 4, 3.09 goe

Well they pretty much shellshocked everyone at the GPF with this. It's definitely the best SD/RD I've ever seem them skate. They GET it. It's TANGO baby, not some erstaz substitution.

Score: 81.66 and a very well deserved SB

LadyB

Record Breaker
Oh, ahead of P&P....
Nevertheless, this turns out to be my favourite Worlds since Boston 2016!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Really? I thought they were really sharp and fast, but I'm no expert that's for sure!

Love that Charlene's bracelet matches Marco's shirt. They're such a cute couple.
I am not either lol
It's her posture during the twizzles and the position of the free leg -- looks really wild and ugly to me -- I figured it out during the replay. But I'm sure they are very fast and long.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whoo! Into the 80s club for Charlene and Marco.

Now Madison C and Evan and I love the Assassin's Tango music!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
I woke up when Sinitsina and Katsalapov were on and with a little mistake and skating so early I’m satisfied with Lilah and Lewis’s placement.

I was hoping they might hit 70 at worlds but I can accept this. They are still more than capable of hitting my target 12th but it’ll be hard to make my dream 10th. Hard but very possible.

chsq1

Rinkside
If you look up the word 'sex' in the dictionary, you will see Madison Chock's face right next to the definition.