2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Retirements, Splits & Partner Changes

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And now for something different - a new partnership!

Carolina Moscheni and Francesco Fioretti

Carolina announced it in a Facebook post about 20 minutes ago. (I'll add the link when and if she changes the privacy settings to "Public").

CaroLiza_fan

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
And now for something different - a new partnership!

Carolina Moscheni and Francesco Fioretti

Carolina announced it in a Facebook post about 20 minutes ago. (I'll add the link when and if she changes the privacy settings to "Public").

CaroLiza_fan

I didn't know Jasmine and Francesco had split :shocked:

Hope that this new partnership will flourish! :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that the Junior Ice Dance Bronze Medallists from December's British Championships have split. Lucy Hancock is on Ice Partner Search, while Billy Wilson French is "pursuing other interests" (Lucy's words).

Here's what Lucy put up last night on her new-look website:

https://www.lucyhancock.co.uk/post/a-new-chapter-of-my-life

I wish them both all the best for the future.

EDIT: I was just looking through the full list on Ice Partner Search and saw that Billy is on there too. :confused: Mmmmm. Interesting... :think:​

CaroLiza_fan

Well, it's now been announced that one of them has found a new partner:

Lucy Hancock / Ilja Marquardt

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1167402643651929&set=a.135248073534063&type=3

I notice that although she says they will be training in Berlin, she doesn't actually mention which country they will be representing. So, that will be interesting to find out.

CaroLiza_fan

UKIceDanceFan

Spectator
Country
United-Kingdom
There’s been a lot of activity in UK this season with ice dancers doing try outs at home and abroad with many skaters coning to UK for try outs too. Jayin Panasar, Emily Phillips, Phebe Bekker, Theodore Alexander, Billy Wilson French and Lucy Hancock, all partner searching. Hearing rumours that the first and last in that list are now with partners.

Good luck to the others in their continued quest for partners.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Dear staffers, since you saw it fit to merge the splits thread with my retirements thread, can you please edit the retired and split skaters into the opening post so that people who want to find the data do not have to browse through the many pages? Thanks. I have tried to regularly update my retirements OP, but now I have no idea where in this thread my OP got stuck.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Dear staffers, since you saw it fit to merge the splits thread with my retirements thread, can you please edit the retired and split skaters into the opening post so that people who want to find the data do not have to browse through the many pages? Thanks. I have tried to regularly update my retirements OP, but now I have no idea where in this thread my OP got stuck.

Surimi, your post was edited into the OP of this thread, and that post now belongs to you, so that you can continue to edit it. Thank you for your work on compiling retirements!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nirti

Medalist
I hope they get to go. The Corona Virus is alive and well sadly in Italy and spreading it appears.

Roy/Pietrantonio are Canadian and still train there ;) They begun to skate for Italy only this season, he highly probably has italian ancestors.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Looks like Kostiukovich/Ialin have split. Kostiukovich seems to have announced it in an instagram post (which has since been deleted). Source

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Ukrainian pair team Sofiia Nesterova and Artem Darenskyi ended their partnership. Sofiia retired.
Pair Kateryna Dzitsiuk and Ivan Pavlov were banned by Ukrainian federation.

TeamGubanova

On the Ice
Ukrainian pair team Sofiia Nesterova and Artem Darenskyi ended their partnership. Sofiia retired.
Pair Kateryna Dzitsiuk and Ivan Pavlov were banned by the Ukrainian federation.

Well now SEROVA / KHOBTA are top Ukrainian Pair, just looked they aren't that bad.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
So will they skate for another country or will they look for new partners. I mean they could skate for Belarus

Their reaction is unknown yet.
Story is not that simple :( Federation banned skaters and their parents just to show their power. It's not a good signal to other skaters.

Nirti

Medalist
Story is not that simple :( Federation banned skaters and their parents just to show their power. It's not a good signal to other skaters.

I wonder about the Ukrainian federation since a long time. Governance problem? Another Didier Gailhaguet there? With all the top Ukrainian skaters changing to USA or Israel or other countries... That's not only because of economical reasons I assume?