Evgeni Plushenko | Page 329 | Golden Skate

Evgeni Plushenko

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

Volkov interview. Some parts of it :
"- What is your workload in the academy? As far as I understand, your schedule has changed for obvious reasons.

- The guys are all the same. As a coach, yes, it has changed. We start at six in the morning and end at six or seven in the evening. Not easy

- What is the general atmosphere in the academy now? A lot of new people came.

- Normal, working. The same as it was. Everything is fine.

I don't work with Trusova and Kostornaya​

- Are you also attracted to work with Trusova and Kostornaya ? Or are you divorced for time?

- No, I don't work with them. First, let's say, the younger ones skate, then the younger ones of Evgeny Viktorovich. Then - the elders. It turns out, skated - a couple of hours break. And so on, so the day stretches out.

- Did the arrival of Trusova and Kostornaya affect your charges? Maybe they stay after the workout to look, to promote themselves, so to speak.

- Of course, they sometimes watch training. In the hall, they definitely intersect, and for them it is a great experience, it is interesting for them to look at such stars.
- Artem said that he wants to compete with Trusova. No idea to organize a mini-tournament at the academy?

- I have never thought about it, to be honest ( smiles ).

- But the show will be powerful.

- May be. But to compete with Trusova in jumps? It seems to me unrealistic. ( laughs ) She is such a person that it is useless to compete with her in this. Only if Nathan Chen comes."

"- Therefore, about internal competitions in the academy and speech.

- This should be addressed to Plushenko , for sure there are some such thoughts. But now he is building a skating rink and is very busy with it, plus working with Sasha, with Alena, our guys, the same Kovalev. It is really breaking now, and I understand it."
- poor Zhenya 😢

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Volkov interview. Some parts of it :

- This should be addressed to Plushenko , for sure there are some such thoughts. But now he is building a skating rink and is very busy with it, plus working with Sasha, with Alena, our guys, the same Kovalev. It is really breaking now, and I understand it."
- poor Zhenya 😢

Plushy sounds super busy indeed! Hope he doesn't overdo it! We wouldn't want him falling asleep in the KnC! 😮

Where is this girl? Wouldn't she be at this forum? Is he still a fan of Evgheni?😊 Evgheni has many admirers foreign
Indeed! Perhaps she's still floating on air from the meet-up :ROFLMAO:

Hello fellow Plushy fans, I must head to bed, but I saw this and had to post it!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFblYwjKXWU - Coachshenko and Sasha in serious discussion! I think it might be about sore legs. I sympathise, I squatted down for something the other week and my knees hurt for two hours afterwards! :ROFLMAO: I'm sure Sasha is in better shape than me though.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFb-FTpJt4d - A news report on the Academy! I wonder what's been said? Plushy's facial expressions only go so far I fear. ;)

Sasha stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFblD1XIE22 - Sasha and his friend, Viola looking fabulous

Sofia T stretching

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFbNpozJWTB - Wow.

Right I have to go to work early tomorrow -ew- so I'm off.

Goodnight and stay healthy!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFb-FTpJt4d - A news report on the Academy! I wonder what's been said? Plushy's facial expressions only go so far I fear. ;)
the interview

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
the interview

Oh no, don't make me go into the Russian Ladies thread, I'm feeling too delicate today! 😜.

In all seriousness I'll head over there, but first...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFZPw7sIFXd - Coachshenko and son. Awww!

OK on that note *takes a deep breath* heads for Ladies thread.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh boy...

So I went to the Ladies thread and what an interesting interview with Plushy it was! :) And all the comments seemed so positive...some even said they finally believed Plushy's serious about being a coach (well duh?)

Then Team TUT decides to drop a bomb on Insta with Yana's messages to Alina and now we're right back to where we started, ugh. (Incidentally, when you go and view that story Team TUT is notified that you've viewed it! How weird is that? What do they need to know that for? Creepy.)

Whilst Yana's response was pure gold - the bit about the legal act, oh snap (that's totally something my mother would say) I'm sure it hasn't made the situation much better.

Does this count as "luring"? Did Plushy lie in his interview (say it ain't so, Plushy!) Someone asked whether us fans would defend him on this, should we?!

What's the deal with Plushy and Yana wanting Alina to be at the Academy so badly anyway? I know she's the Olympic champion, but she's not competing and she doesn't seem any more likely to get a quad or a 3A then Zhenya Med. Why risk their reputations on this?

I just came here for a good time, dang it!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Well, the interviewed just asked about Trusova, not Zagitova, and Plushy answered accordingly, so he isn't lying (I miss that shrug emoji!)

The timing of the media release from Tutberidze's group was very deliberate - they didn't have to react (he briefly touched on the transfers, prompted by the interviewer), but they chose to, at that moment and in such a manner (posting evidence from some time before that Yana offered Zagitova to transfer - if they were so bothered they could have released it immediately, instead of withholding it as further ammunition?). I like both coaching teams, but am unimpressed by Yana and whoever handles PR on Tutberidze's side (betcha it's not Dudakov).

Anyway this is why I get put off following the Russian ladies or Hanyu vs Chen (even though they are all very nice to watch), there's too much noise... I just want to focus on the sports and arts aspect of skating, rather than politics 😅 There's too much of that in normal life, it's very obvious when people are trying to ding you over the head and make you pick a side when you know it's a grey area sometimes.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sigh...

I return here with a heavy heart, fellow Plushy fans.

I kept reading the Ladies thread like an idiot and ended up in an argument :( Clearly despite the notable fact that there's some pretty awful people in the figure skating world, Plushy is clearly the worst because he dared to step on Eteri's toes.

If you don't enjoy a figure skater or a coach, why can't you just ignore them, I do my best to ignore Eteri. But if you hate Plushy you've got carte blanche to go nuts and say whatever you like.

And now I can't figure out how to mute the Russian Ladies thread on this new board. 😭

So I'm feeling pretty down right now.

However, we're not here to have a pity party for me so

Coachshenko Content:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFeIIvPKRfS - Coachshenko helping Elizaveta Nikoleava learn the axel off ice.

Yana Stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFeEKLJFK3O - Wish I could look this cool when standing in front of my car :biggrin:

Well, this isn't a very interesting post, sorry about that!

Stay well fellow Plushy fans and see you next time.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Aww, Anonymoose... where is that hug emoji?!
I'm not sure yet how to mute threads, but I did use the ignore function on one annoying poster, because he showed up on all remotely Russian ladies-related threads, not just *that* one.
It's sometimes just not worth the time and emotional cost to engage in debates over there. Things will blow over :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Oh boy...

So I went to the Ladies thread and what an interesting interview with Plushy it was! :) And all the comments seemed so positive...some even said they finally believed Plushy's serious about being a coach (well duh?)

Then Team TUT decides to drop a bomb on Insta with Yana's messages to Alina and now we're right back to where we started, ugh. (Incidentally, when you go and view that story Team TUT is notified that you've viewed it! How weird is that? What do they need to know that for? Creepy.)

Whilst Yana's response was pure gold - the bit about the legal act, oh snap (that's totally something my mother would say) I'm sure it hasn't made the situation much better.

Does this count as "luring"? Did Plushy lie in his interview (say it ain't so, Plushy!) Someone asked whether us fans would defend him on this, should we?!

What's the deal with Plushy and Yana wanting Alina to be at the Academy so badly anyway? I know she's the Olympic champion, but she's not competing and she doesn't seem any more likely to get a quad or a 3A then Zhenya Med. Why risk their reputations on this?

I just came here for a good time, dang it!
Well, these are so logic questions. I don't read all of the haters' posts but I don't think the situation is wrong right now. Many posters understand the case after Yana's posts. We don't need to care about Eteri's uber.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, these are so logic questions. I don't read all of the haters' posts but I don't think the situation is wrong right now. Many posters understand the case after Yana's posts. We don't need to care about Eteri's uber.
I suppose not. I get oversensitive about this stuff, I try not to be, but every so often I lose my temper and then I end up looking really dumb or like a hypocrite myself!

I just can't help feeling Eteri started all this, sure maybe suggesting Alina find a different coach last season wasn't right, but instead of ignoring it or laughing it off, she chose to insult and belittle Plushy. Despite being the more experienced coach with all the best students at that time! I can't blame Plushy for being mad, I'm mad!

Of course, Plushy and Yana should have been the bigger people and refused to engage any further, but what's done is done.

Can't we all just get along? 😢

ETA of course what really sets me off is when people make comments suggesting Plushy just throws money around like he didn't earn every cent through hard work and talent. Or that he doesn't understand been loyal to a coach - after spending 20 years with Mishin! Like at least try to be accurate when you're criticising Plushy.

Last edited:

eliana

On the Ice
This was a vile and insidious action, and they can sue Eteri if they want. But they don't. No need scandal anymore.
Yana is very smart. I admire Evgheni for not being complex by her, and he acts according to the principle "Happy wife, happy life". Yana goes and does what she wants and Evgheni agrees. Yana is grateful and is totally with him. She has all her involvement and all her help. I find it extraordinary!
I'm glad Evgheni has such a wife! She's so eloquent that she can win any lawsuit ... but she knows that's not the case, now

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hello fellow Plushy fans! I'm feeling much more cheery (although I managed to lose some things on the bus this morning do'h!) and have some links:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfCiSxqyHF - Plushy posted this, the comments seem to suggest it's about the current situation, I have no idea what's been said, but both Elena I and Feodor Klimov have replied with support.

Sasha P stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFfIkIJhOSI - The Academy doctor came by and checked the students health. Did Sasha get medicinal chocolate? 😂

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFblD1XIE22 - Did I post this already? Not sure but here's Sasha and his friend Viola. Cute!

OK, I'm watching the Neblehorn Trophy and the last group of men are on so I better be off.

Stay well and see you next time! :)

eliana

On the Ice
It's the first time I've seen this video! How beautiful ... how much affection between Evgheni and Alexei Mishin? Incredible! They brought tears to my eyes

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Plushy has done nothing wrong actually. If a high-profiled skater were offered much better training conditions and much more advanced training system, what's wrong with that? Don't you think that Plushy is pushing this sport forward by giving these skaters better options and wider outlook on skating? Poaching? Lying? Those so-called "fans" never understand what the term "competitions" really means, who are only living in their own closed world. The competitions are happening all the time not only on ice but also among those different skating clubs. Plushy is a strong competitor on and off ice at any time, and he knows this sport more than anyone in this world. It will be a great honor for those skaters to train under him. With the opening of his own ice-rink, many more transfers will take place. A grand show on that day is unfolding considering his showy personality. :LOL:

It seems that Rika is moving to him. We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yesterday they were on Alexei Ovechkin's birthday party https://www.instagram.com/p/CFhvX6yKlKZ/
There was an interview with Sasha Plushenko but I didn't find translation. Many person praised his smart answers.
I saw photos of the party, Ari was there too :) Yana looked fab and Plushy didn't look too bad either :D

Moving along, hello fellow Plushy fans! Good news my missing things from the bus were found and I got them back phew!

On topic, Coachshenko content:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFl62JFItpv - Working with Sasha P :) I really like this program! The pirate-ty touches are so fun :)

Also I thought I should bring the link you shared on the Russian Ladies thread of Sofia Titova's new program, Plushyfan:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFjJeX7KAb9 - Apparently it's to Je Suis Malade I have no idea what to make of that TBH - because I actually really like the song, but it does seem odd for such a young skater. Sofia looks good though and apparently she'll be competing soon which I look forward to!

Yana stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFjRpwAl_WW - Apparently this is for some sort of give away for Louis Vuitton bags. That's a lot of bags! Most important though, that purple dress is gorgeous. ;)

That reminds me, I saw a nice article about Yana yesterday, apparently she sold a whole lot of her outfits and gave the money to charity:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFl92ekl4SV - Good morning from Yana, as a commenter on this post said that bag is awesome. :)

Right better wrap this up so I can go get my dinner, until next time, stay healthy! :biggrin:

eliana

On the Ice
Plushy nu a făcut nimic rău de fapt. Dacă unui patinator cu profil înalt i s-au oferit condiții de antrenament mult mai bune și un sistem de antrenament mult mai avansat, ce este în neregulă cu asta? Nu credeți că Plushy împinge acest sport înainte oferind acestor patinatori opțiuni mai bune și o perspectivă mai largă asupra patinajului? Braconaj? Minciuna? Acei așa-ziși „fani” nu înțeleg niciodată ce înseamnă cu adevărat termenul „competiții”, care trăiesc doar în propria lor lume închisă. Competițiile se desfășoară tot timpul nu numai pe gheață, ci și printre acele cluburi de patinaj. Plushy este un concurent puternic pe gheață și în afara ei în orice moment și cunoaște acest sport mai mult decât oricine din lumea asta. Va fi o mare onoare pentru acei patinatori să se antreneze sub el. Odată cu deschiderea propriului său patinoar, vor avea loc multe transferuri.:LAUGH OUT LOUD:

Se pare că Rika se mută la el. Va trebui să așteptăm și să vedem
Thanks for the nice words! I hope it's true ... Plushy deserves to be successful in this career as well