2021 Skate America: Women's Short Program | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Women's Short Program

skycastles

Rinkside
Country
United-States
At the beginning of the program, Amber had such a fighting spirit! Haven't really gotten that vibe from any of the skaters. I do feel like she didn't keep that momentum throughout the program, she seemed less energetic the second half of her program

Vemvane

On the Ice
Well done to Amber! That falling leaf out of the double axel was gorgeous, and I really liked the speed and centring of her spins. Sometimes the choreography felt a bit hectic, but she seemed to carry her speed all the way through to the end of the programme. Was hoping that she might try the triple axel after landing it so well in practice, but I guess skating conservatively and going clean may be better after the men's SP.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Amber has so much potential and I really enjoy her as a performer. But idk… skating to a song about "burning out" and "fire burning low" doesn‘t seem to be like a great omen if you‘re trying to land your jumps? Experience is a perfectly fine piece of music by itself, why exactly we need that "cover" version I will never know.
Apparently she is not superstitious. :biggrin:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She says it doesn’t feel good. Wonder why? SB behind the Russians, I will take it

icybear

Medalist
What is it with the cheap poker background in the kiss n cry? Such an eyesore. Bit overbearing even if its a sponsor

YuBluByMe

May Rika spin her hair into GOLD….in 2026.
Final Flight
Glenn did better than I thought she would. No 3A, but that’s okay. She really needs to focus on just skating clean. Also, Experience doesn’t need lyrics and the choreography is terrible.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Why it's Experience that is so popular among skaters? Einaudi has at least 50 other pieces that could work😭
I'm still waiting a program on nuvole bianche or divinere (it was on the first part on Medvedeva's olympic program that she ditched though).