2021 Skate America: Women's Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Women's Short Program

Seven Sisters

Medalist
Watching Amber just now, I thought of Kevin Aymoz. I think Amber is as emotional a skater as Kevin is. Yet Kevin has been able to channel himself into a substantial competitive career (Last night notwithstanding) Could Amber ever do that, with the right coaching and support? Or has the ship already sailed?

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Watching Amber just now, I thought of Kevin Aymoz. I think Amber is as emotional a skater as Kevin is. Yet Kevin has been able to channel himself into a substantial competitive career (Last night notwithstanding) Could Amber ever do that, with the right coaching and support? Or has the ship already sailed?
Yes. I don’t know who “the right” would be though. I had a similar nervous mistake I made when showing horses and I just learned to mostly get over it. Of course I was showing in local shows with pretty much no one watching so…SB for Star too! Yay!

ruga

Final Flight
I'm still waiting a program on nuvole bianche or divinere (it was on the first part on Medvedeva's olympic program that she ditched though).
Other ones that I like are Fly, Choros and Primavera, it's a nice change from Experience if skaters want dramatic violin+piano so much.

readernick

Medalist
We all wonder this, and Amber is a natural jumper unlike Kevin who wills himself to land things.. I wonder what it would take to make her a good competitor?