2021 Skate America: Women's Short Program | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2021 Skate America: Women's Short Program

Lzbee

Final Flight
Why did Yelim Kim score so low on her stunning triple lutz/triple toe combo? She had no +5, and only one judge gave her +4!
Agreed! But it also should have had an edge call so I guess it evens out 🙈 It was the most beautiful flutz I've ever seen. I think they should just make two more jumps to cover lips and flutzes so that skaters can still get good GOE for the rest of the jump.

Honestly, there were so many obvious flutzes, underrotations and even lips that weren't called here, like, what even were the tech panel doing? And strangely, Kurakova looks like she has a lip and a flutz...

Lutzedge

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Agreed! But it also should have had an edge call so I guess it evens out 🙈 It was the most beautiful flutz I've ever seen. I think they should just make two more jumps to cover lips and flutzes so that skaters can still get good GOE for the rest of the jump.

Honestly, there were so many obvious flutzes, underrotations and even lips that weren't called here, like, what even were the tech panel doing? And strangely, Kurakova looks like she has a lip and a flutz...
It was a beautiful jump, but what I am wondering is why does Yelim get a lower GOE than the other skaters that also had edge problems uncalled? If she and another skater with edge problems land very well, and neither edges are called, why should Yelim's score be lower?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
catching up with women:

Usacheva skated my second Daniil G.'s favourite choreo this season
Cleanish Amber Glenn but no 3A, i take it.
Satoko means class and beautiful skates, sadly she served carrot cakes as usual :confused:
will the 3A ever happen for Young You?
Kaori didn't give me gladiatrix at all, i'm disappointed.
i'd change Sasha's dress color, too much red on red

LadyB

Record Breaker
What's interesting is I dragged my husband to the tv to watch the event. He now loves Daria Us-A-chyova. He's only been hearing me gush about 20 Russian skaters for the past six years so now he knows who Daria is. His favorite is still Anna (probably because she's my fave too, lol) but he's all into the Russia/Eteri/World domination thing. lol. Interestingly, he REALLY didn't like Sasha's skating and thought it was too rough and unrefined and not at Daria's level. He almost was repelled by it. I just said "I know, I know, but when she hits her quads you forget about all that...."
I'll raise a glass to hubbie! (y)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As an emotional pianist who used to be an inconsistent piano competitor and later became known in my 20s for consistency after (finally) getting professional help and gradually learning to not fear failure, I'd never say the ship has sailed. I think it's always possible for someone to turn it around.

I feel like this ought to be posted somewhere as an adage for figure skating, somewhere we can all see it! And an adage for life! :rock::bow::love:

You backed it up with your experience. :points: I think your phrase, "gradually learning not to fear failure" is something universal. :thank: