2022 South Korean National Figure Skating Championships | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2022 South Korean National Figure Skating Championships

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
OK, @Ichatdelune . Thank you one more time for streaming. We can continue also regarding the Naver stream. So anybody knows is it permanent stream there or only some volunteer ad hoc stream?
I think it should be permanent but I'll be running the Zoom stream as a backup
Yun Ahsun and Jia Shin for Junior Worlds 😜
They are definitely going, plus since we have three spots (I presume, 2 years without JW is making this confusing) Chaeyeon will also go along

Last edited:

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I think it should be permanent but I'll be running the Zoom stream as a backup

They are definitely going, plus since have three spots (I presume, 2 years without JW is making this confusing) Chaeyeon will also go along
I forgot they have three spots. Lee and Wi came in 5th and 6th to earn Korea three spots. I like Chaeyeon too and I will be glad if she gets the third spot. But, between Kim and Lee (whomever doesn’t make the Olympic team), would one of them also be eligible to go for Junior Worlds?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I forgot they have three spots. Lee and Wi came in 5th and 6th to earn Korea three spots. I like Chaeyeon too and I will be glad if she gets the third spot. But, between Kim and Lee (whomever doesn’t make the Olympic team), would one of them also be eligible to go for Junior Worlds?
You have to had competed in the JGP selections to be eligible for JW, so no.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You have to had competed in the JGP selections to be eligible for JW, so no.
Ok. Are you sure you have to compete in JPG? Because Watanabe was selected to represent Japan and she didn’t compete in JPG. She is 19.

If this is the case, I’d be fine with it as those three Juniors are ones to watch out for in the future.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Ok. Are you sure you have to compete in JPG? Because Watanabe was selected to represent Japan and she didn’t compete in JPG. She is 19.

If this is the case, I’d be fine with it as those three Juniors are ones to watch out for in the future.
It's a Korean thing. the Japanese fed have their own rules and KSU have their (often than not idiotic) rules.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's a Korean thing. the Japanese fed have their own rules and KSU have their (often than not idiotic) rules.
I keep on forgetting how different Korea is to the rest of the World. I don’t like this rule because someone like Haein Lee might not go to the Olympics, but, she is still young and with her PCS, if she went to Junior Worlds, she could help Korea secure three spots for another season.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Starting orders for tomorrow, just in case anybody needs it:

Senior Men
G1
1 Park Geonwoo
2 Jeong Deokhoon
3 Lim Juheon
4 Kim Hangil
5 Kim Hyungyeom
G2
6 Lee Jaekeun
7 Kyeong Jaeseok
8 Cha Younghyun
9 Lee Sihyeong
10 Cha Junhwan

Senior Women
G1
1 Hong Seunga
2 Lee Hyunsoo
3 Lim Nayoon
4 Hwang Chaebin
5 Kang Eunsoo
6 Mo Jiwon
G2
7 Kim Seoyoung
8 Jung Yean
9 Kim Haneul
10 Lee Siwon
11 Song Siwoo
12 Park Yeonjeong
G3
13 Moon Boin
14 Han Heesue
15 Ji Seoyeon
16 Yun Ahsun
17 Kim Chaeyeon
18 Kim Minchae
G4
19 Lim Eunsoo
20 Wi Seoyeong
21 Kim Yelim
22 Lee Haein
23 Shin Jia
24 You Young

Briananing

On the Ice
I'd absolutely love to have more male skaters (Sunghoon's loss is still a sore subject among Korean fans) so I'd like to know why too, but if I had to make a guess it's probably because figure skating is considered "ballet on ice" and there is a stigma that ballet is a feminine activity still here.
Wow i didnt know that. There is this amazing Mariinsky’s Principal Dancer called Kimin Kim who is probably one of the best male ballet dancer today. He is from Korea, seemingly from a regular Korean middle class family. Both him and his brother was trained in Korea, so I thought that the stigma is long gone esp since I after I saw Kimin Kim, I frantically searching for another male tallent that Korea hidden and saw a video of a group of elementary age boys practicing seriously, even preparing for auditions. One of them probably came from even less money than Kimin’s, so I thought that the stigma is long gone. Very sad that it doesn’t seem to be the case.

RatedPG

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ok. Done with Canadian Nationals. Now unto the 11th hour. The main event, I just need to take a one hour nap as my eyes are going blind from too much watching.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Ok. Done with Canadian Nationals. Now unto the 11th hour. The main event, I just need to take a one hour nap as my eyes are going blind from too much watching.
Same here, but I'm worried I'll fall asleep if I'll nap.

I suppose I'll take a quasi-nap and look at dumb things on my phone.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
KSU is an utter idiot, they started the stream-mid competition so Geonwoo wasn't even streamed

Edit: KSU is still an idiot but apparently Geonwoo withdrew