Patrick Chan | Page 596 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
It is Patrick's bday :) it is also new year's eve... so I did watch some of his skating... and well.. it was a moment of pure joy and I shed a couple tears thinking this will be the first time he is not at O Games... i miss his skating dearly... Nationals are around the corner... and well, let's rewatch that moment from Ottawa ... Journey... I was at the venue... I have never felt something as exciting as that night when watching skating. Patrick was stellar.

ashleyming

On the Ice
It is Patrick's bday :) it is also new year's eve... so I did watch some of his skating... and well.. it was a moment of pure joy and I shed a couple tears thinking this will be the first time he is not at O Games... i miss his skating dearly... Nationals are around the corner... and well, let's rewatch that moment from Ottawa ... Journey... I was at the venue... I have never felt something as exciting as that night when watching skating. Patrick was stellar.

This magical moment will never happen again at the Nats, Tessa called Patrick's skating by the term "unparallelled ease of movement", and that's it, no more no less.

Last edited:

Ruthypegs

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom

You are so lucky to have seen that performance in real life, @4everchan . Just beautiful. I really miss his skating, too.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, pretty amazing! The ease - it's like he's floating. The combination of power and gentleness is beautiful. I can imagine that felt like an "out of body" experience for you to be at the venue that night. Yes, the quads PLUS the skating skills! It will be a long time before anyone like him comes around again (if ever!).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow, pretty amazing! The ease - it's like he's floating. The combination of power and gentleness is beautiful. I can imagine that felt like an "out of body" experience for you to be at the venue that night. Yes, the quads PLUS the skating skills! It will be a long time before anyone like him comes around again (if ever!).
I am glad I saw this performance live. I have been to many competitions (well not as many as you have!!!) and for Patrick, it is a must... seeing live is a totally different thing... i was disappointed by many other skaters, as video would make them appear better than they were...for Patrick, it's the opposite... he is SOOOOO much better at the rink... it's the way he just floats on the ice in all directions... it's unique and wonderful.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am glad I saw this performance live. I have been to many competitions (well not as many as you have!!!) and for Patrick, it is a must... seeing live is a totally different thing... i was disappointed by many other skaters, as video would make them appear better than they were...for Patrick, it's the opposite... he is SOOOOO much better at the rink... it's the way he just floats on the ice in all directions... it's unique and wonderful.
And he skates biiiiiiig and open and has gorgeous posture!

ashleyming

On the Ice
As the 2022 Nats is coming so close, just came across this magnificent FS of Patrick from the 2017 Nats in Ottawa. ❤ This year at the 2022 Nats Events, Patrick will also be there as a commentator along with Ted and other former national team members. 🙂 This is special because Ottawa is also the place where Patrick was born and he also receiced The Key to The city of Ottawa in 2019 as well. 😊

ashleyming

On the Ice
What an event at the 2022 Nats! 😊 Congrats to the medalists, especially the new champion Keegan, who has worked so hard over the years for this crowning moment! Good job for Roman and a great senior debut for Wesley as well.
And of course, great experiences for Patrick as a live commentator for the men competition. Good to see him again! 🙂

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
As the 2022 Nats is coming so close, just came across this magnificent FS of Patrick from the 2017 Nats in Ottawa. ❤ This year at the 2022 Nats Events, Patrick will also be there as a commentator along with Ted and other former national team members. 🙂 This is special because Ottawa is also the place where Patrick was born and he also receiced The Key to The city of Ottawa in 2019 as well. 😊

haha this is the program i posted just a few posts up :) but it could be posted on every page... this was a special moment for me and also for patrick... what a performance that night

i loved his commentary along with kevin.

ashleyming

On the Ice
haha this is the program i posted just a few posts up :) but it could be posted on every page... this was a special moment for me and also for patrick... what a performance that night

i loved his commentary along with kevin.
During the commentary sections, sometimes the microphone just did not love him, but everything was good overall. 😇 Hope that Patrick would still get involved in many other events from Skate Canada.

ashleyming

On the Ice
microphone : it was ted's fault :) i could hear patrick very well at first but ted told him his mike was too loud...
After those "too loud" moments are the "louder, Patrick!" moments. 🤣
Anw, yesterday during his comments about the Aranjuez program of a skater in the event, suddenly I missed Patrick's Aranjuez so so much! 🙂 Still the national record holder till now.

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
The first photos of Patrick and his son, definitely two peas in a pod! ❤ The mini Chiddy is so lovely, of course! 😊

ADORABLE! :love: I don't think his name has been revealed, but he certainly is cute! I was thinking back to when Patrick announced his retirement. Liz was still his girlfriend then, and now they are married with a son. :hap10:

4everchan, I changed my avatar back to Patrick because I'm missing him. I noticed you changed yours to Mini-Chiddy (the skater). Mini-Chiddy did pretty well at Nationals. It's too bad he missed a medal by so little. :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ADORABLE! :love: I don't think his name has been revealed, but he certainly is cute! I was thinking back to when Patrick announced his retirement. Liz was still his girlfriend then, and now they are married with a son. :hap10:

4everchan, I changed my avatar back to Patrick because I'm missing him. I noticed you changed yours to Mini-Chiddy (the skater). Mini-Chiddy did pretty well at Nationals. It's too bad he missed a medal by so little. :(
yes... i think it's time to affirm my love to mini-chiddy the skater... i am one letter away from becoming 4everphan :)

Victura

On the Ice

I can’t seem to link to the post, but International Figure Skating (the magazine) had written in its post that his name is Olivier. I can see Patrick giving his son a French name :).