Patrick Chan | Page 594 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan

4everchan

Observer
Record Breaker
Recently, Patrick and Elizabeth just welcomed their first baby boy. The couple got married in 2020 after 3 years of dating. Congratulations to the happy family! :)
Fyi, his wife, Elizabeth Putnam, was also a Canadian figure skater and is currently a choreographer. One of the exibition programs of Patrick in 2019 was also choreographed by Elizabeth.
Source: https://www.oct.ca/publications/professionally_speaking/2021-09/2021-09-Remarkable-Teacher-PS.asp
i have decided this new baby boy will have Patrick's skating skills and grace the world with skating salvation in about 16 years from now. πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’—

ashleyming

Rinkside
Congratulations to P Chiddy and Elizabeth on their son :)

Aliona K mentioned he was the inspiration for some of her Four Seasons choreo. That's pretty cool I think.
Yeah exactly! Chiddy's Vivaldi program has become inspriration for the upcoming "Winter program" of Alena Kostornaia in this season. After finishing her performance at the Russian Test Skates 2021, Kosto talked about how winter was the piece which grandness fits Olympic season only and just a few skaters winter programs were able to be memorable, most known being Patrick Chan. She also says that everytime she skates to her winter program, she tries to channel the way Patrick performed his and connected to public. She tries to imitate him a little but in her own manner. :)

ashleyming

Rinkside
Well well, new season is coming and the daddy Chiddy is just chilling as usual, hanging around and playing golf.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CUN2SRiBeRM/?utm_medium=copy_link
Honestly, I just miss seeing Patrick on ice insanely, especially when the Olympic season is so close. πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
P.s: Congrats to team Canada for getting their 2nd slot in the Olympic's men event. 😊 Roman has tried so hard for this results. Wishing him and other guys a very best season!

Last edited:

ashleyming

Rinkside
i have decided this new baby boy will have Patrick's skating skills and grace the world with skating salvation in about 16 years from now. πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’— πŸ’—
Talking about coaching and choreographing, recently, Patrick has had chat with Skate Ontario about "Rebound to Skating Hype Event". He seemed to be quite busy with coaching but still joined in the live chat enthusiastically. :) Glad to see Patrick getting involved in encouraging the next gen skaters of Canada.
https://youtu.be/T-DwxGKgKL0
p.s: Have to admit that I miss Chiddy so much!

MisakiT

Spectator
Talking about coaching and choreographing, recently, Patrick has had chat with Skate Ontario about "Rebound to Skating Hype Event". He seemed to be quite busy with coaching but still joined in the live chat enthusiastically. :) Glad to see Patrick getting involved in encouraging the next gen skaters of Canada.
https://youtu.be/T-DwxGKgKL0
p.s: Have to admit that I miss Chiddy so much!
Oh I miss him too! Just came across a conversation of Patrick and other fellows about being East Asian in Figure Skating. 😊
When being asked about whether Patrick should skate to the music from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" in the ice shows, he said humorously that he would have to lose about 20 pounds first. πŸ˜‚ Lol!
Anyway, :( still wondering if he would return to the rink to skate in Stars On Ice and other events, it's been a while since his latest performance in 2019.

ashleyming

Rinkside
Oh I miss him too! Just came across a conversation of Patrick and other fellows about being East Asian in Figure Skating. 😊
When being asked about whether Patrick should skate to the music from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" in the ice shows, he said humorously that he would have to lose about 20 pounds first. πŸ˜‚ Lol!
Anyway, :( still wondering if he would return to the rink to skate in Stars On Ice and other events, it's been a while since his latest performance in 2019.
πŸ˜‚ He is really a comedian.
Anyway, about his future perfomances... well... a big question mark for me too! 😒
In late 2018, Patrick injured his knee in a skiing accident. As a result, in 2019, he had to withdraw from the Stars On Ice Japan Tour 2019 tour due to a knee injury. But then he did return to the rink in 2019, though he still had to postpone knee surgery because of his schedule from Rock The Rink Tour and 2019 Canadian Stars On Ice. After that, the remaining tours in 2020 were all canceled due to the epidemic. 😭
It's been 2021 already and I still wonder if his knee injury has completely healed or if there is any chance that he would skate in the ice shows again.

MisakiT

Spectator
πŸ˜‚ He is really a comedian.
Anyway, about his future perfomances... well... a big question mark for me too! 😒
In late 2018, Patrick injured his knee in a skiing accident. As a result, in 2019, he had to withdraw from the Stars On Ice Japan Tour 2019 tour due to a knee injury. But then he did return to the rink in 2019, though he still had to postpone knee surgery because of his schedule from Rock The Rink Tour and 2019 Canadian Stars On Ice. After that, the remaining tours in 2020 were all canceled due to the epidemic. 😭
It's been 2021 already and I still wonder if his knee injury has completely healed or if there is any chance that he would skate in the ice shows again.
OMG, I didn't know about his injury. But everything is fine now, I guess. He did post a vid of him skating to "The Umbrella Of Cherbourg" a few months ago. 😍