2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Nationals Men's Short Program

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
You should put that on copy and paste for whenever I comment about not coming across a skater before. :laugh:

I don't follow Russian Juniors, so at least it is re-assuring to know that it isn't a case of my memory going! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan
I actually just wanted to say his most notable results in juniors, a little introduction haha. I used to do that a lot during ice dance stages because there were a lot of unknown couples.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
It's not the right place to explain it, but there is a difference between bombing the SP under 6.0 and IJS. It's just people keep using this phrase without really understanding the true meaning that it had under 6.0.
Yes, of course, bombing the Short was much more impactful under the 6.0 system, but to act like the phrase doesn't still apply under the IJS in at least 90% of the cases isn't right either.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Omg, stay on your feet please!

Cleanish, but beside that mistake it was pretty good! Very expressive. :clap:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gosh, that was a close one for Danil P on the combo! But well saved!

Although, this music is rather dirge-y for such a young fella.

icewhite

Record Breaker
Just like with the first Hallelujah the choreo and skating was too fast for the music. It gives me a headache when skaters (or their choreographers) do this. Please listen to the music a bit.

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
But in general, when was the last time we saw a man on Nats who wasn't from Moscow or St Petersburg?
The talented athletes from other districts probably all go into wrestling or something. Or at least pairs skating. More masculine stuff. Moscow and StP are by far the most liberal.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
11th?! Picks up phone again.

Ooo this guy was a dark horse at the last Grand Prix event I think? And look at that fabulous hair! Good luck!

Mathematician

Pilgrim on a long journey
Medalist
4Lz

200.gif

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I actually just wanted to say his most notable results in juniors, a little introduction haha. I used to do that a lot during ice dance stages because there were a lot of unknown couples.

And I am grateful that you do. Because it is nice to hear a bit of background information when you come across skaters that you are not familiar with. It really adds to the experience of watching them.

:bow: :clap: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I've never heard of Postarnakov so I was quite impressed with that quad toe
I don't usually do comparisons between Russian and international competitions. But there was one thing that surprised me, in the RGP series there were more quad attempts from men than in the ISU GP.

As for Postarnakov, figure skating is not developed where he lives. But this season he was able to achieve consistency on his 4T and 3A, which allowed him to get here.