Weaver and Poje push towards World podium | Golden Skate

Weaver and Poje push towards World podium

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kaitlyn Weaver and Andrew Poje of Canada have been in overdrive since finishing in a career-best fourth place at the 2012 World Figure Skating Championships in Nice, France.

More

Weaver continued, “We’ve agreed that we want to steer away from the over-the-top approach to the polka because it’s not our style. We think that everyone has their own style and some people will do the more German take on it, but for us, we will take a more elegant approach and try to create a classier polka, if you will.”

This makes me so exciting:) They've won so many fans' heart in the latest season. Only best of wishes I want for them and their career. Thanks for posting the interview!

meem

On the Ice
W&P's 2010/2011 SD is my favorite - "At Last"/"Cheek to Cheek". I'd love to see them on the podium at Worlds.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
meem..I loved that SD.

I'm really looking forward to the programs this year. Although The Sound of Music has never been a favourite of mine , Andrew should look very fine in a military style costume..;) ( Well, they both always look good , anyway .)

But I like the sound of the direction they're taking with it ; it could be quite a standout.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
It is funny how some skaters keep their music choice a secret for as long as possible but the Ice Dancers are staking the claim on The Sound of Music for the Polka by announcing it as soon as possible. :)

skateluvr

Record Breaker
I love the "Sound of Music." It is so uplifting. Music from a purer time in the early sixties. I have seen the movie so many times. I think we will be pleasantly surprised. This team brings out the best in all their music selections and I think the fans will like it a lot.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Thank you so much. Was a great read!

I have been rooting for Kaitlyn and Andrew for the last two seasons, along with Natalie and Fabian. :)
Their mambo SD won my best SD of the season with Kaitlyn's striking-looking costume of course ;), and their programs from 2011-12 season were actually the best programs SD+FD combined for me! :yes:

My favorite French team finally won the world medal in Nice. (Wasn't it just great to win it in front of their home crowd? :love:) My fingers crossed next season will be this lovely Canadian team's turn! :party:

meem

On the Ice
“We’ve agreed that we want to steer away from the over-the-top approach to the polka because it’s not our style. We think that everyone has their own style and some people will do the more German take on it, but for us, we will take a more elegant approach and try to create a classier polka, if you will.”

I was pleased to read this because polkas can be so bouncy and seem to require leiderhosen & braids which I think is a major turnoff for lots of viewers/fans (at least they are to me ;>) I think W&P are going to create a whole new look to the polka-on-ice. Just hope the judges won't have a problem seeing a nonbouncy, braidless polka!

Dragonlady

Final Flight
I was pleased to read this because polkas can be so bouncy and seem to require leiderhosen & braids which I think is a major turnoff for lots of viewers/fans (at least they are to me ;>) I think W&P are going to create a whole new look to the polka-on-ice. Just hope the judges won't have a problem seeing a nonbouncy, braidless polka!

They still have to incorporate two sequences of the Yankee Polka into the SD on which their levels will be critical. The YP is as bouncy as a polka can get. Not my favourite CD at all.

No Heidi braids and lederhosen? OK, so the Lonely Goatherd is out. I wonder what cuts they will use?

heyhey

On the Ice
They still have to incorporate two sequences of the Yankee Polka into the SD on which their levels will be critical. The YP is as bouncy as a polka can get. Not my favourite CD at all.

And this is where it's going to get tricky. The Yankee Polka is well the Yankee Polka and it stands out...I think the judging will be tougher this year in terms of themes...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Great article. This team surely have the talent to be on the podium. Both of their programs last season were first class, imo.