2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2014-15 Japanese Nationals Mens SP

leolion11

On the Ice
So much for expecting crazy inflation for the Nationals. Japan, good for you. Except why would both Hanyu and Machida lose levels on the step sequences. They looked great to me...?:unsure:

I don't get it too. Did the technical panel just decide to go strict on Hanyu and Machida while leaving all the level 4s for Shoma? :think:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I was wondering why both their TES were so low considering...Looks like the tech panel was being a grinch :biggrin: Well, thats not a bad thing

Meoima

Match Penalty
I was wondering why both their TES were so low considering...Looks like the tech panel was being a grinch :biggrin: Well, thats not a bad thing
The Japan tech panel to the top guys is like: "Hey you want Christmas gifts? No, work harder."
:unsure:

Eloyse

On the Ice
I'm guessing, maybe they are subconsciously judging Shoma in accordance with junior standard, whereas as senior men H and M are judged stricter (ok I don't believe myself...

leolion11

On the Ice
I'm guessing, maybe they are subconsciously judging Shoma in accordance with junior standard, whereas as senior men H and M are judged stricter (ok I don't believe myself...

Idk because I'm not a technical expert, but are Shoma's spins really better than Yuzuru's? :think:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Well there's really no way to know what happened other than the fact that both Machida and Hanyu were held down on TES and Shoma was propped up on lvls in comparison. :think: We'll see what happens in the FS.

juuryokunashi

On the Ice
Does anyone have the full Starting order for tomorrow? If so, I'll put up the FS thread?

Official Starting Order for Men's FS tomorrow taken from the JSF results website, if you still need it. :D

1 HATTORI Eiki
2 NAKAMURA Satoshi
3 NOZOE Kosuke
4 SASAHARA Keiichiro
5 YUASA Ryoichi
6 TOMONO Kazuki
7 KIMURA Masato
8 YOSHINO Kohei
9 ONUMA Yuta
10 SUZUKI Jun
11 TSUBOI Yoji
12 ISOZAKI Daisuke
13 NAKAMURA Shu
14 TANAKA Keiji
15 MIYATA Daichi
16 SATOU Hiroaki
17 HINO Ryuju
18 YAMAMOTO Sota
19 UNO Shouma
20 MURA Takahito
21 HANYUU Yuzuru
22 KOZUKA Takahiko
23 MACHIDA Tatsuki
24 MURAKAMI Daisuke

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
well... Kovtun did two quads while Yuzu only one and a 3+2 combo.... *trying to be honest* :biggrin:

Hah, how dare you try to be a voice of reason! :drama: Hanyu doing 1 quad, and doubling a triple clearly deserves more than Kovtun landing 2 quads including a 4-3! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hah, how dare you try to be a voice of reason! :drama:
Hanyu doing 1 quad, and doubling a triple clearly deserves more than Kovtun landing 2 quads including a 4-3! :sarcasm:
They are talking about PCS dear CSG. Kovtun doing 10 quads doesn't justify him a 45 PCS in everyone's eyes. :laugh:
But anyways it's just national.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Oh my! Just came to check the results and wow! Yuzu GOE on jumps... But he is still not able to land the combo... Tatsuki was also great... Shoma is third! :cheer2:

By the way, even thought he might finish on the podium, can he skate at Worlds? I thought there is a rule that says you cannot skate both as a junior and senior in the same season.

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I look at Machida's SS and IN marks and I can say I really don't understand figure skating at all:laugh:

StSq4

Rinkside
By the way, even thought he might finish on the podium, can he skate at Worlds? I thought there is a rule that says you cannot skate both as a junior and senior in the same season.

Last season Nguyen skated both, didn't he?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I cried watching Machida's SP. I'm such a sucker for his skating, and combined with that music... :cry:
I feel terrible for admitting this, but I really wouldn't mind if he were to win tomorrow.

ntl

Rinkside
Well there's really no way to know what happened other than the fact that both Machida and Hanyu were held down on TES and Shoma was propped up on lvls in comparison. :think: We'll see what happens in the FS.

Um, I have to disagree. Shoma's been very consistent at getting Level 4s this season; check out his JGPF protocols. Also, levels are about specific requirements of the no. of revs/steps/turn, so if you miss one, you miss a level even if the spin/step is of high quality otherwise.