2015 World Team Trophy Short Dance Apr 16 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Short Dance Apr 16

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Well, at this point it's a lot of competing and a lot of commuting, so no wonder skaters are tired.

Yah. And if everybody is tired, I start asking myself: why is a competiton like this necessary. - I'm not complaining as a fan :), but for the skaters sake, I'm not sure. We'll see how the other competitions will be.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
With those sunglasses Vanessa looked just great. :laugh:

I thought she always looked great... :slink:

Moving onto Team USA, I am not too sure about that blue wig... or the over-the-top (geddit?! "Top". OK, I'll quietly retreat...) MASSIVE top hat! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I thought Weaver/Poje were commanding, fierce, and powerful. Loved it. Liking the look of the TES counter too. :cool: (Please hold, please hold...)

alebi

Medalist
Yah. And if everybody is tired, I start asking myself: why is a competiton like this necessary. - I'm not complaining as a fan :), but for the skaters sake, I'm not sure. We'll see how the other competitions will be.

they earn money, a good reason for being there ;)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

People were saying in the Team USA fan thread that the skaters get a nice sum of $ for just participating, with bonuses the higher your team places.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker

Well, for sure money prize is worth the trouble, as well as the nice atmosphere of teammates and audience. Single skaters can maybe scale back a bit their content of they're too tired (Not that Liza is planning it, quite the opposite!).
All in all, I like this competition a lot, but I can see that moving back and forth from Europe or America to Asia twice in a month can be a bit overwhelming.

lady_bee

Medalist
Where are American & Canadian boys?
It seems ladies have stronger nerves then men, as always:biggrin:

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Nice seeing Weaver/Poje going for revenge and enjoying it :laugh: (and mess up my predictions)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I thought she always looked great... :slink:

She certainly does. :) But those glasses gave her a very special look, more so than Morgan.

I don't know what the athletes actually think about the WTT at the end of the season. Their opinion matters most, imho. The few opinions I heard were rather positive, but I don't know if they were just pc or their actual opinions. How much can they talk freely about it when they are scheduled to participate?

GF2445

Record Breaker
And, hey, W/P just got a new season's best. I guess they have something to prove after Worlds

Yeah. They really seemed to of wanted to work on looking like they were full engaged in their program with improved chemistry, connection and an improved interpretation of their short dance. Though they still need to work on it, this was their best short dance this season.

They were better than the Americans and French today. But it is only the short dance.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Where are American & Canadian boys?
It seems ladies have stronger nerves then men, as always:biggrin:

Radford is ill/recovering from food poisoning. Maybe they decided if he wasn't there, the other boys wouldn't be either.

auser

Record Breaker
Loved the festive Team France in KnC, but what was up with that "6.0" sign. Its only just after midnight here, too early for me to be having flashback dreams to 1990's era figure skating comps:laugh: