JGP Riga Cup Men SP Aug 27 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

JGP Riga Cup Men SP Aug 27

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Petr has tremendous potential. The judges gave him hard time with pcs (imo undeservedly). But this should come as he progresses. He may be the next Shoma or even better because his spins are amazing.

catchie

On the Ice
catchie - I was wondering if we could see you in audience. Since they show so few people, I was sure you must be one of them. :laugh:

Haha, no, I am on the other side right by the judges :D The seats on the other side are not built in two balconies (? How are these things called?) but in one, so I prefer that side (as does almost everyone else) :)

euroskate

Final Flight
somehow the boys are tending to use more interesnting music. wonder why. CAN boy relly lookes senior already, but only 17.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I was scared we wouldn't have any Americans in medal position after today. Crisis averted.

Go Alexei! :cheer:

samm22

On the Ice
I really liked Kevin aymoz (I think that's how his last name is spelled)! His spins were amazing! And he was so lyrical!!!! His program was beautiful!

TMC

Record Breaker
He posted a quad loop attempt on his instagram a couple weeks ago. I have a hard time calling underrotations - does it look good?

I think his problem might be more that he's pretty severely prerotating. Or might have been, he could be doing them clean left and right by now :)

shmay

On the Ice
I really liked Kevin aymoz (I think that's how his last name is spelled)! His spins were amazing! And he was so lyrical!!!! His program was beautiful!

I was also completely blown away by him, and was very surprised that this is his first Junior GP event.

Krasnozhon was completely unwatchable by comparison

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I think his problem might be more that he's pretty severely prerotating. Or might have been, he could be doing them clean left and right by now :)

He was trying them at the Freezer Aerial Challenge last month or so and they were UR, but someone reported that he did at least one that looked clean in practice in Riga. Then again, Adam Rippon has done clean 4lz in practice...it doesn't mean much if you can't land it in competition. But I look forward to the attempt. :popcorn:

TMC

Record Breaker
He was trying them at the Freezer Aerial Challenge last month or so and they were UR, but someone reported that he did at least one that looked clean in practice in Riga. Then again, Adam Rippon has done clean 4lz in practice...it doesn't mean much if you can't land it in competition. But I look forward to the attempt. :popcorn:

Me too, it would be ah-ma-zing if he hit it! :yay:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Shame about the double for Nicholas Nadeau but glad he got that 3A, I've been following him since last year when he skated in Aichi for the JGP, hope to see big things from him in the future

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
So I just remembered... I have footage of one of Alexei's quad loop attempts from back at the Broadmoor Open for you all to analyze if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PGMMi1lNiU

I *think* the first jump is a 4S attempt. The 4Loop starts at about 43 seconds or here for shortcut.
His 4Loop in that video is short of half a revolution.

Edit:
The jump was UR in the LP today as well. He's not a quick skater and he doesn't rotate fast either. I think he would be better off with a 4T in his LP instead, if he really wants to go for a quad in the LP.

Last edited: