2015 Cup of China Mens Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Cup of China Mens Free Skate

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I can't wait to see how Boyang would do with the monstrous tech values. I have expected this event more than any GP's men's event, even the men's event at Skate Canada, which was somewhat predictable given the 13/14 season. His presentation in the SP at the national was much improved. Therefore, I think he has proved that he is not a mere jumping bean at all and could become something else. :) However, the first season as a senior would be tough for any debutante, so there could be unexpected outcome though.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Big fat :eekn: at Boyang's layout! Land those jumps kid and get yourself some monstrous points!! :cheer:
(And stay healthy and injury-free while doing so, please)

Ilvskating

Final Flight
Wow, that was quite a scary layout! The venue for the test skating has a much higher altitude than Bejing, maybe 1500m higher. If he handled it like that in Xinjiang he should be able to do much better inBeijing. Man's skating is getting so exciting! So is pairs. Can't wait to watch this competition!
Go everyone!

Eloyse

On the Ice
So according to tokyosengen, Boyang successfully landed 4lz, 4s and 4t2t in his fp runthrough. What about the other 4t? :think:I hope he decides to have only three quads in the fp instead of four, because he'll have more energy left toward the end of the program and then the presentation mark should be decent. Go Boyang!!!!!:cheer2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So according to tokyosengen, Boyang successfully landed 4lz, 4s and 4t2t in his fp runthrough. What about the other 4t? :think:I hope he decides to have only three quads in the fp instead of four, because he'll have more energy left toward the end of the program and then the presentation mark should be decent. Go Boyang!!!!!:cheer2:

"Only 3 quads"...lol.

Tatjana Flade ‏@Tatjana21 24m24 minutes ago
Boyang Jin (CHN) plans four quads in LP at #GPBeijing. I saw 4Lz, 4S and one 4T today in practice. Nobody did yet 4 quads in one FS.

I have a lot of questions about this kid; he's intriguing for sure...but I hope we also hear something about the other men there.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I am not sure I am so excited about Boyang's layout. Just like pairs - skating may be moving too fast and not necessarily in a good way. The focus becomes jumps and even the greats like Hanyu and Chan need to generally prep for difficult jumps. Exciting perhaps; good I am not so sure. I guess now in skating the odds of another Scotty Hamilton type win is slim. You have to skate with difficulty and artistry. You don't have school figures to hold you up or mediocre in difficulty jumps. Look Chan is already not that competitive without another 3A and quad.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I am not sure I am so excited about Boyang's layout. Just like pairs - skating may be moving too fast and not necessarily in a good way. The focus becomes jumps and even the greats like Hanyu and Chan need to generally prep for difficult jumps. Exciting perhaps; good I am not so sure. I guess now in skating the odds of another Scotty Hamilton type win is slim. You have to skate with difficulty and artistry. You don't have school figures to hold you up or mediocre in difficulty jumps. Look Chan is already not that competitive without another 3A and quad.

We don't know yet what his scores will be for his programs, what the international judges will give him. But it's not necessarily a trend. Boyang is an extreme outlier. All the jumps are amazing and everything else is yet to be developed.
Let's wait and see.

s_parks

Record Breaker
He'll probably land the quads but ran out of steam 3/4 of the way through his program...

Who knows. He landed all his quads in the lp(only a stepout on 4lz) at the Chinese grand prix, where the altitude was from 1650-2000 m, so...

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I am quite sure he will land. There is nothing going on between jumps, and he is going from quad to quad, but it will be at least exciting to see quads :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I swear Jin can dance! :dance:
Well dance in which way, in my view the dance doesn't look aesthetically pleasing. :dance2: and sometimes people take Orser for granted. He is not the best polishing coach, that title should go for Tat. Orser and co are good at gaming CoP, but his students don't have the best posture or even package in the field.:popcorn:

Last edited:

qwertyskates

Medalist
I saw a Michael Jackson/Plushenko parody from Jin once, he can dance for sure. :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPO3ZjyOV_E

He was so tiny, and he was enjoying it!

This is fun, I found this too, even without the quads, it's so much better than the Dragon Racing FP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUOpvYwf-c0

Yuzuru's posture has improved so much under Orser, Javier was a fun skater before his transformation into a sexy rock goth, and Yuna was really polished into a star for the Olympics. He is good at taking raw, pure unique skating talent and launching them as sophisticated stars for the world's stage.

A kid with 6 quads should not be left on his own!

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
^you think his coach let him jump 6 coach alone? If his coach doesn't allow, he will not do. Of course the has some coaches and they're trying to help him get to the top as fast as possible.
And seriously that video...who let a kid do those moves. :scratch:

Last edited:

qwertyskates

Medalist
^you think his coach let him jump 6 coach alone? If his coach doesn't allow, he will not do. Of course the has some coaches and they're trying to help him get to the top as fast as possible.
And seriously that video...who let a kid do those moves. :scratch:

Yes, they would love to get a top skater, but can they train him to be an all-rounder, that is the question.

Jin can definitely feel the music, you can see it in his early videos. He's surely awkward now, so his coaches are not training him right.

He's a natural jumper like Yuzuru, hope he finds the coaching he needs to develop his considerable talent, would be a waste if he languishes forever in PCS Neverland.

Jin was imitating Plushenko's MJ medley, those moves were Plushy's, and I think MJ himself started it in one of his videos. :dance2:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
Who knows. He landed all his quads in the lp(only a stepout on 4lz) at the Chinese grand prix, where the altitude was from 1650-2000 m, so...

I'm actually a fan of him so hopefully this is true :cheer:. Just basing it on his Junior Worlds performance where he kinda lost the performance at the end. Hopefully, he had worked on his stamina over the summer since his jumps are so solid.

I saw a Michael Jackson/Plushenko parody from Jin once, he can dance for sure. :dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPO3ZjyOV_E

Some turn that as an SP to him quick because it looked way better than any of his program this year.

Last edited: