2017 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 Autumn Classic Intl Ladies SP

andromache

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn's jumps look sharper than ever but this program definitely needs freshening up. I hope to see some new choreography and and nuance added to this. They should also rearrange the elements to backload at least one more jumping element.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Kaetlyn

very good 3f-3t less tilted than sometimes, she hangs on

3lutz : gorgeous , superb landing edge

2a

a tiny stumble just at the end... not sure it will affect her footwork score...

unlike summertime though, only the 2a is backloaded...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
The Piaf fits Osmond with a glove and she performs the heck out of it. A bit rough on the end of the step sequence, but that's probably early season bumbles.

This should be a real showstopper by the Olympics.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
I like it the first time I saw it when it was fresh and raw, but this is rather polished and can be appreciated on another level.

Thought she skated a bit tentative, but that is not a bad thing, it is just practiced and get it done! At least you can truly say she has the complete package and own that piece of choreography, performance, and music. This is mature sr. ladies skating.

Icey

Record Breaker
She skated it well, of course, but it still fell somewhat flat for me. I'll take the blame.lol

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh my Kaetlyn was fabulous! Loved this program last season and still love it. 75.21 Wow! Well deserved.

I am so glad she kept this program. She is in the conversation for podium finish at the Olympics, she is that good.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
75 something for Kaetlyn. I found it well deserved. The small stumble in the end...otherwise perfect. Flying through the jumps...great.

andromache

Record Breaker
Unpopular opinion: I think Summertime had the potential to be better than this SP. Rather unusually, no one this season has the patience to settle into two new programs, let them grow and peak at the right time. It's unfortunate, really.

Honestly I think Kaetlyn should try to get all her jumps backloaded in the SP. She's a great SP skater, very consistent, and she's comfortable and secure with all of these elements. It would put her in 1st place contention going into the LP at whatever competition she is at, rather than letting Alina and/or Evgenia runaway with 1st and 2nd. And that would help give this program a much-needed refresh,

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not sure why people think the score is so high here... this program was well skated, there is a sense of refinement to it that is new.... and it's still under what Kaetlyn did at worlds.... :rolleye:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Sorry, a mouth full of Profiteroles and Pâté here, watching Ms. Consistency. A well deserved 75 and change in Sept folks, after switching programs what, a week ago? Can't wait to see this develop come the new year!

tars

Record Breaker
There are people complaining about age, puberty, diets, point-whoring and there are people like Osmond going there and delivering. :yes:
Only skater like her, after performances like this, should have (potential) right to complain about above issues. :thumbsup:

Great job! :clapper:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
edith piaf is so standard for us frenchies.... we love it ;)

It's the kind of program that someone like my sister--who pretty much only watches skating at the Olympics--will love. It's all joie de vivre and that tends to play better with the casual audience than the AngstPangstFest-type programs.At least in my experience.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
regarding backloading :

the decision to go back to piaf came at the end of HPC at the end of August.... they may have thought it wouldn't be enough time to change the program for ACI... who knows, the lutz may be switched later on? and if it itsn't, it's only .6 more ...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
75 something for Kaetlyn. I found it well deserved. The small stumble in the end...otherwise perfect. Flying through the jumps...great.

Yup I'd put it above Wakaba and Alina.

Well that was fast, Mai's SP is already up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcblPhwKYY4

uhmm... all those time wasting spins killing time for half way points that doesn't go with the music at all. That tango piano motif demands step sequence come on girl. Luckily 2nd half was great. THink they should edit the music to fit the choreography better, but this is COP era. That was pretty good, I enjoyed it! Seems low score among these inflations.