2014-15 South Korean National (Jan. 7 to 9) | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014-15 South Korean National (Jan. 7 to 9)

Bumdid

Record Breaker
What's in Korea's water? There's so many skaters with great musicality!

MiRé

Match Penalty
I just watched Jinseo's gala clip, and he certainly has a style and a great sense of rhythm. I can't quite get the competition clips to work -- why was he bumped down to 2nd? Did he make a mistake?

Jinseo popped his 3Lo and had an edge call on his 3F. I felt so bad for him (even though I like LJH too) because he (Jinseo) has so much potential....and his knee bend :love:

Hailey Shin

Medalist
HJ depresses me..... and are SH An and YR Kim old enough for the JGP? (Choi's going senior next year?)

So hyun An will debut junior next season. She born in December 2001.
Ye rim has to wait more. I don`t know her exact birth date, but she is only 11 years old.
Choi can go senior next year :) But it`ll her choice to go or not.
If she decide to do one more year at junior, then she`ll not.

leolion11

On the Ice
Does anyone have an alternative link to So Youn's SP? I'm having trouble playing her SP on daum (the video turns all green 10 seconds into the video).

jimeonji

Final Flight
I read on twitter that these are the teams for Worlds and Jr Worlds

Worlds
Ladies: Park Soyoun, Kim Haejin
Men: Lee JuneHyoung
Dance: Kim/Minov

Jr Worlds
Ladies: Choi Dabin, Yoon Eunsoo
Men: Kim Jinseo
Dance: Lee/Kang

are these official? I'm a bit confused as to why they would send Jinseo to Jr Worlds when he's done Sr Worlds twice and Sr GPs this season. Is this allowed according to ISU rules?

s_parks

Record Breaker

Worlds

Jr Worlds

are these official? I'm a bit confused as to why they would send Jinseo to Jr Worlds when he's done Sr Worlds twice and Sr GPs this season. Is this allowed according to ISU rules?

I guess it's allowed. He just can't go to jr. gps. It's odd, but since he came in second, it kinda makes sense.
And, uh, did K/M make the worlds tes? or is this just provisional?

jimeonji

Final Flight
I guess it's allowed. He just can't go to jr. gps. It's odd, but since he came in second, it kinda makes sense.
And, uh, did K/M make the worlds tes? or is this just provisional?

K/M got the FD TES at Volvo Open.

I thought a skater/couple had to get the minimum TES during the season, but I just looked at the ISU media guide and it says "during the ongoing or immediately preceding season" - and K/M got the SD TES (and the FD TES) at Jr Worlds last season.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
K/M got the FD TES at Volvo Open.

I thought a skater/couple had to get the minimum TES during the season, but I just looked at the ISU media guide and it says "during the ongoing or immediately preceding season" - and K/M got the SD TES (and the FD TES) at Jr Worlds last season.

Ah, I see, thanks.

Krunchii

Record Breaker

Worlds

Jr Worlds

IMO they should switch June-hyoung and Jin-seo, in terms of seniors their scoring potential is the same, Jin-seo also have more experience in the senior ranks so I think it would be better to send him to Worlds. June-hyoung made it to to JGP so he's a little more familiar to people in the Junior ranks and I think he would have more clout at Junior Worlds.