2014-2015 Programs by Discipline | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 Programs by Discipline

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
To be fair, Yuzuru's PW is an unusual music choice and the judges certainly rewarded that (though that might be independent of music choice and more to do with his tech possibly I guess?); and Jason got a good mark for his BV at the olympics for the Prince SP. There are others that didn't get so rewarded for different music like Reynolds or Jeremy, but they haven't been able to back it up tech-wise.
I don´t think music choice or in this case choosing a War Horse has anything to do with score. You could have the more innovative music choice and skate to The Black Keys, Foster The People, Owl City or The Great Big World, but if your program doesn´t have musicality and technical side, music won´t help you.

A program can be innovative even with an old song.

And classical music is hard to skate too. I will take my eyes out if I have to watch a skate program to hip hop or somehting like that.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don´t think music choice or in this case choosing a War Horse has anything to do with score. You could have the more innovative music choice and skate to The Black Keys, Foster The People, Owl City or The Great Big World, but if your program doesn´t have musicality, technical music won´t help you.

And classical music is hard to skate too. I will take my eyes out if I have to watch a skate program to hip hop or somehting like that.
Agree, if it's Swan Lake and it's memorable, then we have to give the skater and choreography LOTS of credit. Because the music has been done to death!! And if we find the program enjoyable, it's really good. :)

And you can skater to an unusual music which no one ever skates to, but if your skating is blah blah... then I would rather forget. :slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
I don´t think music choice or in this case choosing a War Horse has anything to do with score. You could have the more innovative music choice and skate to The Black Keys, Foster The People, Owl City or The Great Big World, but if your program doesn´t have musicality, technical music won´t help you.

Absolutely. Look at V&M Carmen program, for example.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the info. Another classical piece, but this time for the long program - maybe something more fun for his short? I am still anxiously awaiting his JGP assignments.

I disagree about the "another classical piece" in this instance; my spousal unit plays some of the piano part to Chopin No. 1 and I love it; at least it's not Rach #2. I would however like to see one if the more mature male skaters take it on.

jimeonji

Final Flight
I disagree about the "another classical piece" in this instance; my spousal unit plays some of the piano part to Chopin No. 1 and I love it; at least it's not Rach #2. I would however like to see one if the more mature male skaters take it on.

oh, I love Chopin and his piano concertos (though they're not my favorite, I do like them) - I meant that he's doing a classical piece again, as he did Vivaldi for his short last season. :laugh: I think he'll do well with it; he's always reminded me of a little Patrick Chan.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Chopin piano concertos are strong at the piano part but very weak at the orchestration since Chopin solely wrote for piano. The thing is which version they will choose? The piano solo version or the piano with orchestra version?
If it were me, I would not choose any of Chopin concertos, :eek:hwell: just my personal taste.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Chopin piano concertos are strong at the piano part but very weak at the orchestration since Chopin solely wrote for piano. The thing is which version they will choose? The piano solo version or the piano with orchestra version?
If it were me, I would not choose any of Chopin concertos, :eek:hwell: just my personal taste.
I just love anything by Chopin, Liszt is another favorite of mine. I really love the Mephisto Waltz https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJbg9V2KnD8

Absolutely. Look at V&M Carmen program, for example.
Exactly, D&W also did preatty great with Scherezada, Notre Dame, POTO and they did 2 different programs to Die Fledermaus.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
oh, I love Chopin and his piano concertos (though they're not my favorite, I do like them) - I meant that he's doing a classical piece again, as he did Vivaldi for his short last season. :laugh: I think he'll do well with it; he's always reminded me of a little Patrick Chan.

Now I understand, you mean classical for Nathan rather than classical in general; sorry I misunderstood. From what I've seen, I do like Nathan; I hope for the piano solo, since that is what I am used to hearing. ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Exactly, D&W also did preatty great with Scherezada, Notre Dame, POTO and they did 2 different programs to Die Fledermaus.

I didn't care too much about Scheherazade, Notre Dame or POTO tbh. Very good programs indeed, but nothing special there for me.
However, I did like a lot Die Fledermaus and Giselle.

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
Maria Vigalova / Egor Zakroev RUS

SP Gary Moore's blues; choreo by Petr Chernyshov
LP The Phantom of the Opera with vocals; choreo by Olga Volozhinskaya

Masha, Egor - WHY?!?!?!?!?!

humbaba

Final Flight
One of the senior ladies at Glacier Falls skated to an instrumental version of POTO that I couldn't recall hearing before. I rather liked it. It gave me hope that this season's many POTO programs won't all be the same old same old. Chances are my hopes will be cruelly dashed, but you never know.

Alba

Record Breaker
One of the senior ladies at Glacier Falls skated to an instrumental version of POTO that I couldn't recall hearing before. I rather liked it. It gave me hope that this season's many POTO programs won't all be the same old same old. Chances are my hopes will be cruelly dashed, but you never know.

There are various versions on youtube.
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6IO15PvyRE
The London Orchestra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P69Z7hmCPDA

More here, and some are fan versiones as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KnHSvbIZFQ&list=RD_KnHSvbIZFQ#t=146

Jorik Hendrickx BEL

SP The legend of 1900 by Ennio Morricone
LP Concerto for the left hand by Ravel

https://twitter.com/JorikHendrickx/status/499950359482490881

Don't know which piece from The Legend but I love that Ravel's concerto.
Great choice. :agree: