2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Ladies SP 10/31

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Pogorilaya: 3Lz-3T, 3Lo, 2A big struggle on the landing. Good skate, but music was very overpowering. :slink:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Oh lord, Anna P's SP music choice is terrible. She's clearly a student of the Russian drama school of over-emoting.

None of the Russian ladies are refined skaters. They all have a full arsenal of jumps, but their skating is so sloppy, rushed, and coarse.

:agree:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Why Anna changed her music? Why??? I have to say every time I watch her skating, it is like a thriller.

lavender

Record Breaker
Oh lord, Anna P's SP music choice is terrible. She's clearly a student of the Russian drama school of over-emoting.

None of the Russian ladies are refined skaters. They all have a full arsenal of jumps, but their skating is so sloppy, rushed, and coarse.

I so agree.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I feel like she didn't emote at all, which made the music choice even more jarring.

The frenetic arm movements, body twists, and anguished facial expressions. I feel like she was trying REALLY HARD to embody the shrill, wailing music.

unico

Final Flight
Come on Miyahara! So lovely and musical.

EDIT: Oh, she really reminds me of a tiny little Akiko out there. Budding star.

wordsworthgirl

Medalist

Couldn't agree more. Her PCS are way too high. and that vocal has given me a headache!