2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31

samson

Medalist
That quad sal was amazing. I liked this program WAY more than I thought I would. Had he landed done a triple axel he would easily be in the 90s but still 86+ is a good solid start of season score.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Menshov so close to second! He's hit a high in his career!

If Max can't win it, then I want Kostya to.

Got to admit, my B and C picks for fantasy skating are looking AMAZING right now. Just got to get that A pick up there...

Art&Sport

Medalist
Javi deserves to be in first, but they always give him great scores on PCS. He definitely has improved with engaging the audience and this program certainly caters to that, but he still has things to work on re PCS. It so interesting how Jason Brown without a quad yet has impacted figure skating on the men's side with his precocious musicality, audience engagement and unique style.

I really don't like Mura's skating. He's not that strong presentation-wise, but he's very strong technically.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And now, after all that, it's time for ME to go to the rink and get some serious practice in.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't be sad, I know he can come back and try to win Nationals! I still belive!

And that last sentence... :rofl::rofl:

Kevin's not exactly the most consistent skater. But I know it's going to be between him and Nam for the National title. If Kevin recovers enough and gives a STELLAR performance, then I think he will. Wish I can witness it there if it happens, but the spring semester starts that week....so nope.

I'm in angst still. Kevin should be there competing. Not having an injury and ill-fitting boots....

I used to just want to burn them, but now they're REALLY making me MAD.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That may be my favorite program of Javi's so far--hmm, well that and Chaplin. Max should watch it to see how you SELL a program.

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Shame about the double axel, but overall a GREAT program! Best choreography I've seen him have. I like it that they are letting him be more hard-edged and cool rather than goofy/cutesy. I think this program has amazing potential. The driving music spotlights his athleticism. and he looks adorable.
+1. Pretty much what I wanted to write. The program is quite a change from his previous one but he sells it amazingly. Nice to see that he is so versatile. Too bad for the Axel, but he is in the run.

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
I can never ever agree on Javi's PCs...... 43 o_O

Too high or too low? Cause I was watching it on a work TV with no sound and was still spellbound from beginning to end.

And to put that into perspective I hate, absolutely hate, watching programs without music (and to a lesser extent), without commentary. despite that I could "hear music" in the way he was skating.

Icey

Record Breaker
I was so enthralled with Javier's program, I didn't even catch that he popped the 3 ax. The entrance to that quad was amazing. Wonderful footwork elements.

Art&Sport

Medalist
I can never ever agree on Javi's PCs...... 43 o_O

I totally agree with you! Javi once he joined with Orser and got top rep with judges has always been overscored on PCS. The music was a little repetitive, but it was an engaging program.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Shame about the double axel, but overall a GREAT program! Best choreography I've seen him have. I like it that they are letting him be more hard-edged and cool rather than goofy/cutesy. I think this program has amazing potential. The driving music spotlights his athleticism. and he looks adorable.

ITA. Finally, his team took advantage of his manly ĉharms ;).

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Kevin's not exactly the most consistent skater. But I know it's going to be between him and Nam for the National title. If Kevin recovers enough and gives a STELLAR performance, then I think he will. Wish I can witness it there if it happens, but the spring semester starts that week....so nope.

I'm in angst still. Kevin should be there competing. Not having an injury and ill-fitting boots....

I used to just want to burn them, but now they're REALLY making me MAD.

I agree amd the judges don't like because of that and more reasons. I'm also a little scared but I hope he can. If not, I hope he can make the world team. I mean, everyone was so happy with Patric coming back and I was like :scowl:. Not so happy. I want Kevin to be mainly heathly and then he can amaze us.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I was so enthralled with Javier's program, I didn't even catch that he popped the 3 ax. The entrance to that quad was amazing. Wonderful footwork elements.

I don't think it is entrance, I think it may be judged like that, but I am finding it as some preparation technique for quad salchow balance or something. Javi started doing it after switched to Orser, Yuzuru also in previous season started doing before quad sal 1 turn around