2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31 | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2014 Skate Canada Mens SP 10/31

ice coverage

Record Breaker
That may be my favorite program of Javi's so far--hmm, well that and Chaplin. Max should watch it to see how you SELL a program.

Max succeeded in SELLING Black Betty long before Fernandez did, BTW.

Max had a terrific exhibition to Black Betty two seasons ago.

karlowens2

On the Ice
Javier's is really a dancer who skates. So fits th music. And, the complexity of it. Few skaters could even remember a routine like that. Alas, aside from the potential of Brown the US skaters are just not in this league. I don't know why.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I thought Javier was great - everyone else was kind of eh. I loved the music that Javier skated to as well. I don't know, this was a weird competition. I'm happy for Menshov being in third, but I cannot believe what happened to Adam... last place? Wow. Does anyone sometimes after the short think "welp, I'm going to be way off for my predictions".

Ice Diva

On the Ice
IA lyrics don't work in many programs (except dance) but in Javi's:love: case they really made his program fun since he's such a performer.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree amd the judges don't like because of that and more reasons. I'm also a little scared but I hope he can. If not, I hope he can make the world team. I mean, everyone was so happy with Patric coming back and I was like :scowl:. Not so happy. I want Kevin to be mainly heathly and then he can amaze us.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Patrick. I have respect for him. But Kevin's a TECHNICAL GENIUS when he has the right boots! Let him shine! I feel like Kevin's underscored quite a bit.

I can't believe this is happening. I feel like it's my fault. I should have been extremely nervous for Kevin............I jinxed it. TOTALLY jinxed it.

I want Kevin to be able to skate and compete for the next Olympics.

Now I'm getting nervous.

Groan.

ANGST ANGST ANGST

ks777

Record Breaker
and he is nothing special. I hate it when these middle-of-the-pack skaters deliver and the artists/special ones don't.
Huh? Who decide which skaters are in the middle of the pack and which ones are artists and special? To me, Jason Brown and Adam Rippon are in the middle of the pack skaters. So is Mura but his jumps are so much more exciting to watch than Adam and Jason's skating, to me anyway.
Plus you shouldn't hate it when someone skate clean.

NorthernLite

On the Ice
It'll hardly be my all-time fave program, but at least someone (Javi) finally delivered both a performance and decent jumps.

I should rewatch Carriere too. I used to like him, but wasn't paying full attention, so I want to see if his scores seem right.

just don't get how skaters stay motivated skating to the same recycled music.
I was a pro musician, so music obviously means the world to me. But I figure that some young skaters aren't knowledgeable about skating history OR music and just don't know some pieces are such warhorses.

I hate it when these middle-of-the-pack skaters deliver and the artists/special ones don't.

Yep.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Max succeeded in SELLING Black Betty long before Fernandez, BTW.

Max's had a terrific exhibition to Black Betty two seasons ago.

I don't tend to watch exhibition skating, so I'll take your word for it. And Max certainly can sell a program. But the Footloose short needs to be skated loose, and that performance was as tight as can be. I really think if he is starts out with a smile (whether he feels it or not) that would really help. Act as if and all that. Just my two cents.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Still cross about Max being behind Carrierre.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Javier's was the skate of the night for me, great program! Happy also for Carriere and Menshov. I'm sure the results will be changed tomorrow. Lot's of unsolid and chaotic skating tonight.(well, I know it's daytime in Kelowna:) Very sorry for Adam.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Patrick. I have respect for him. But Kevin's a TECHNICAL GENIUS when he has the right boots! Let him shine! I feel like Kevin's underscored quite a bit.

I can't believe this is happening. I feel like it's my fault. I should have been extremely nervous for Kevin............I jinxed it. TOTALLY jinxed it.

Now I'm getting nervous.

Groan.

ANGST ANGST ANGST

I also respect Patrick, but without him the Canadian men are weaker and everyone has a chance. I really want Kevin to be succesful and make the next OG. Don't worry. It is not yout fault and I think Kevin would be glad if he would know what a big fan he has. And yes, I hate this boots problems as well.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Watching the protocols is quite funny... I mean, one of the judges gave 8.00 IN to Březina... And another 5.50. :laugh:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also respect Patrick, but without him the Canadian men are weaker and everyone has a chance. I really want Kevin to be succesful and make the next OG. Don't worry. It is not yout fault and I think Kevin would be glad if he would know what a big fan he has. And yes, I hate this boots problems as well.

I hope he will be.

There should be a "I hate Kevin Reynolds' boots" group LOL.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Now I'm getting nervous.
Groan.
ANGST ANGST ANGST
I know you are angry for Kevin. I am sad for him as well. But he is not out yet. He is healing his leg for the nationals, that means he knows what he should do.
And Kevin is not here, so your ranting about him is somewhat getting out of control. Sorry.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Javi was great :) But I don't understand Max's score. He isn't my favorite, but I think his program was very good this time.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I don't tend to watch exhibition skating, so I'll take your word for it. And Max certainly can sell a program. But the Footloose short needs to be skated loose, and that performance was as tight as can be. I really think if he is starts out with a smile (whether he feels it or not) that would really help. Act as if and all that. Just my two cents.

My feed today was terrible -- audio and video extremely out of synch -- so I'll take your word for what you say too. ;)

And I hope I can re-watch a video of Max's SP. Look forward to his FS tomorrow. :)

(Does Kevin Bacon wear an untied bow tie in the movie??)