2015-16 ISU Grand Prix Final | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015-16 ISU Grand Prix Final

Sydney Rose

Final Flight
How will Javi handle skating right after Yuzu? (Poor Brian Orser will have to do a quick jacket change!) :popcorn:

Oh no! I hate when two of Brian's skate back-to-back. And this means Yuzuru will have to sit in K&C alone, with only his Pooh tissue box to keep him company. :disapp:

Of course, assuming his skate goes well, he'll probably be charming the audience by waving pooh's paws at them. :)

Can anyone imagine a coach like Rafael carrying around a stuffed animal tissue box for one of his skaters? :laugh2:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
Continuing I just imagined Tarasova as Hanyu coach standing besides boards during Hanyu free skate :rofl2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Sui/Han withdrew...

Wei ‏@pandaatlarge 6m6 minutes ago
I just texted Han. He said it is a last minute decision. Sui's injury on Achilles tendon is not yet recovered. He thanked everyone's support

Wei ‏@pandaatlarge 18m18 minutes ago
Oh no, Sui & Han have withdrawn from the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I'm disappointed than S/H won't be at the GPF but support it as a right decision for them.

Now, however, my previously hypothetical question has become real. With S/H/s withdrawal, the 8th placed first substitute team of P/Z is now the first substitute and they skated at TEB while there is already a special 7th placed TEB skaters, S/B, officially in. Will P/Z qualify for GPF 2015? Will there still be seven Pairs competing in this special GPF?

Last edited:

Lota

Record Breaker
Sui/Han withdrew...

I just texted Han. He said it is a last minute decision. Sui's injury on Achilles tendon is not yet recovered. He thanked everyone's support

That's really unfortunate... But I'm really glad that Peng/Zhang are in, I love both their programs, especially the LP! Now if only Rika Hongo could make her way into the Final, my life would be complete...

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm disappointed than S/H won't be at the GPF but support it as a right decision for them.

Now, however, my previously hypothetical question has become real. With S/H/s withdrawal, the 8th placed first substitute team of P/Z is now the first substitute and they skated at TEB while there is already a special 7th placed TEB skaters, S/B, officially in. Will P/Z qualify for GPF 2015? Will there still be seven Pairs competing in this special GPF?

http://www.isuresults.com/events/gpjgpf1516/Entries_Pairs.htm P/Z are in, there will be 7 Pairs competing :yes:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sui/Han withdrew...

Oh, noooo. Sorry about Sui/Han.

A small silver lining of their withdrawal is that now we know for sure that subs who themselves are TEB skaters are allowed to fill the 7th slot.

... As to people jumping on Max's fans for supporting in a way they don't jump on fans of other skaters - and this comment isn't specifically responding to you, Karne - I have to laugh. I've been following FS for less than 2 years, but during that time people have jumped on Jason's fans and Patrick Chan's fans more than once for "defending" them or getting angry at criticism. The most recent time I recall is when Jason won either Nationals or came 4th at Worlds and his FSU fans were chastised for gloating about it. ...

I am the one who said that pushback in support of Max gets criticized ... and who made the comparison to pushback in support of Jason.

My comments were referring only to GS.
I am not a member of FSU. Used to do some lurking over there, but very little lately. So I do not really know what goes on over there. I don't even have access to the FSU comp threads.

...So for myself, I find it difficult to hear defenses of Max based on what seems to me to be a reality that no longer exists. JMHO, of course.

For the record: two days ago, Max fans were chastised in this very thread for being overly supportive of him.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I am genuinely sad Sui/Han have withdrawn, but I am soooo happy for Peng/Zhang! I know I'm in the minority for sure but they're my fave Chinese pair!

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm so sad about Sui/Han! They're my faves! I hope that withdrawing allows Sui to get healthy for Worlds.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Oh no!! :sad21: I was really looking forward to seeing tham at the GPF, they're my favorite pair currently... but I guess it can't be helped and was the right decision. Speedy and full recovery to Sui!!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Delighted for P/Z but incredibly sad that S/H aren't able to compete. However, it's relieving to see their team put her health first over winning competitions, especially considering their huge injury and setback during 2012-2014. I wish Sui a speedy recovery and I hope to see them on the ice as soon as possible!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well sadly it looks like D/R will walk away with a win since the teams that could have put the fear of God in them are injured. :(

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm very sad to see Sui/Han withdraw, but also very happy to see Peng/Zhang qualify. I don't really care who wins the competition, I just want to see beautiful skating!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Sui/Han withdrew...

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: