2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2015-2016 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

sneakers

Match Penalty
This poster compared Radio to Yuna. That's where the Yuna comparison comes from.

And yes, Liza has been more successful than Radio because she has won major competitions that Radio cannot win, puberty or not puberty. Radio has been a consistent second-tier skater, who's always on the scene but never good enough to win the major competitions. That's not a queen.

alright already, Radionova is a 2nd tier skater as you said :slink:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This poster compared Radio to Yuna. That's where the Yuna comparison comes from.

And yes, Liza has been more successful than Radio because she has won major competitions that Radio cannot win, puberty or not puberty. Radio has been a consistent second-tier skater, who's always on the scene but never good enough to win the major competitions. That's not a queen.

Radionova is a second tier skater? ... ... ...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
clearly as the poster, she has not won worlds, a euros or a gpf
Radionova is second tier :confused2:

In her first actual senior season(Shouldn't count the 13-14 as she wasn't really senior then), she was 3. 2. 2. in those. How second tier.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
My view on nationals scores vs. having international panel:

1. Medvedeva was overscored. Without 3Z-3T and 3F which is the top score standard she should have been not higher than 75 no matter how I love her this season.
2. Radionova was a bit overscored. Her landings were somewhat shaky. But she skated with the heart esp. the second part. I would think 73-74
3. Yulia was about right. That was her best SP ever and she had this type of score internationally. She has OK edge now and second half combo. But just 3T-3T
4. Anna was about right. Some of her spins were still awkward and she looked not as fast as usual.
5. Polina was about right. The judges were a bit tough on her in Barcelona vs. seniors score. With her tech 70 is the score.
6. Adelina was grossly overscored. It's a shame to give 69 for such a performance.
7. Leonova was overscored - she would never get this internationally.
8. Sotskova was underscored
9. Liza was overscored esp. pcs

If I were jury and the judges seeing only on TV and applying Barcelona standards I would have the following placements:

1. Medvedeva 75
2. Radionova 74
3. Lipnitskaya 73
4. Pogorilaya 71
5. Tsurskaya 70
6. Sotskova 68
7. Pervushkina 64
8. Sakhanovich 62
9. Leonova 61
10. Sotnikova 60
11. Tuktamysheva 59

The top 10 score would still match any of the worlds.

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
If I were jury and the judges seeing only on TV and applying Barcelona standards I would have the following placements:

1. Medvedeva 75
2. Radionova 74
3. Lipnitskaya 73
4. Pogorilaya 71
5. Tsurskaya 70
6. Sotskova 68
7. Pervushkina 64
8. Sakhanovich 62
9. Leonova 61
10. Sotnikova 60
11. Tuktamysheva 59

The top 10 score would still match any of the worlds.

this scores seems very accurate, would level international wise :agree:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
At least top 7 I could agree with, maybe being a bit too harsh on Tuk and Sotnikova but at least Sotskova's significantly ahead of both Sotnikova and Leonova in that.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Sotnikova has great SS, and is very athletically exciting to watch, but oh man those scores. Is it mandatory for Russian judges to hold her up? At this rate she's in the running to be most overscored skater ever.

Is it just me or does she look out of shape/not in peak form?

I think everyone is prematurely celebrating Lipnitskaias "return". It's always been the FS that's her biggest issue. Not the SP.

sneakers

Match Penalty
Sotnikova has great SS, but oh man those scores. Is it mandatory for Russian judges to hold her up? At this rate she's in the running to be most overscored skater ever.

I think everyone is prematurely celebrating Lipnitskaias "return". It's always been the FS that's her biggest issue. Not the SP.

Sotnikova has always been held up in russian competitions, well at least until now, I dont think she will podium if she continues like this in the FS

I agree Julia is more of an SP skater, but it was first time she had her mojo back so thats why people are happy
I also think Tsurskaya or Tuk can snake into that bronze

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Sotnikova has great SS, and is very athletically exciting to watch, but oh man those scores. Is it mandatory for Russian judges to hold her up? At this rate she's in the running to be most overscored skater ever.

It's not about her SP specifically.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
^okay, that's true.

I'm pulling for the Tsarina (aka Tukt) to go all out in the FS. Might as well. She's got nothing to lose.

ioanablabla

On the Ice
Country
Romania
As much as I adore Yuna, why is she the standard? Why is anyone the standard? Why does a skater have to be a queen?
I honestly see them first at athlets and humans. And I think we should comparr them with former selves first of all. Radionova is just fine, she is a hardworking kid (do you remember how old is she before you call her a 2nd tie skater?), a fighter and a very talented athlete. She has her flaws too, like all of them. They are not robots, if they were I bet we wouldn't enjoy watching them or they wouldn' t have to skate at all, we would now the results before, just looking at the papers.
Please do not forget you are talking about young ladies that sacrificed a lot to this sport and talk with respect about them cause they arr the ones entertaining us and our hobby.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I think even when she was nailing her SL programs no one expected her to get preferential treatment from the fed. People are excited to see her skate with such passion again but of us who have followed her passionately for the last few years...I've seen no one being unrealistic about her chances in the FS. If you are talking about the media...well...that's what they do and it can't be helped.

I for one have no grand illusions of her FS and no one in her fan fest does either. I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't a bit surprised already at how just three weeks of full attention from a coach has made in the SP. I don't think anyone saw that coming. If she finishes top 6 and gets full funding for next season then I think most people consider it a promising indication that she can again skate with passion and become more successful under her new coach. These things come in steps though and not in a program or even a competition. The changes to her program were just so simple and yet...so efficient. I also think Eteri may have stopped believing in her and it was just wearing off even on Yulia and compounding the whole thing . Alexei may be pumping her head full of confidence and it may be all she needed. Attention and to feel like a priority. Personally I think Eteri has far too many tier 1 skaters to worry about and couldn't give the full attention that they all need especially when troubles arise and even more attention needs to be given. How could she? It's not to blame her but more to see the situation for what it was.

Even if only in the SP....it's promising to see her skate with conviction again and a positive sign of things to come with what at first sight seems to be rejuvenating her. Nothing wrong with people enjoying her program yesterday though. Even she said she felt 200% different but still has a lot of improvements to make. I already got my Christmas wish for her. Anything else would be just a welcomed bonus but I'm not expecting a miraculous FS or anything like that. It's only been three weeks of training with Alexei but it's just mind blowing how simple those fixes were to maximize not only the program's potential but to bring out her strengths again. It does show me that the coaching change was absolutely warranted and a sign that things can be better for her and she deserves that level of attention.

Last edited:

alebi

Medalist
I think even when she was nailing her SL programs no one expected her to get preferential treatment from the fed. People are excited to see her skate with such passion again but of us who have followed her passionately for the last few years...I've seen no one being unrealistic about her chances in the FS. If you are talking about the media...well...that's what they do and it can't be helped.

I for one have no grand illusions of her FS and no one in her fan fest does either. I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't a bit surprised already at how just three weeks of full attention from a coach has made in the SP. I don't think anyone saw that coming. If she finishes top 6 and gets full funding for next season then I think most people consider it a promising indication that she can again skate with passion and become more successful under her new coach. These things come in steps though and not in a program or even a competition. The changes to her program were just so simple and yet...so efficient. I also think Eteri may have stopped believing in her and it was just wearing off even on Yulia and compounding the whole thing . Alexei may be pumping her head full of confidence and it may be all she needed. Attention and to feel like a priority. Personally I think Eteri has far too many tier 1 skaters to worry about and couldn't give the full attention that they all need especially when troubles arise and even more attention needs to be given. How could she? It's not to blame her but more to see the situation for what it was.

Even if only in the SP....it's promising to see her skate with conviction again and a positive sign of things to come with what at first sight seems to be rejuvenating her. Nothing wrong with people enjoying her program yesterday though. Even she said she felt 200% different but still has a lot of improvements to make. I already got my Christmas wish for her. Anything else would be just a welcomed bonus but I'm not expecting a miraculous FS or anything like that. It's only been three weeks of training with Alexei.

exactly this! :)
I agree with every single word you said. Even if we're talking about a competition, there're many more important things than a final result. And joy, confidence and support are just a few of these things

lyverbird1

Final Flight
I'm late to the party and please forgive if this question has been asked and answered already but when did Yulia make the switch from Eteri to Alexei? I hope the switch continues to yield positive improvements for her, I've always been nervous about her jumping technique and having seen footage of this short programme, it's great to see such improvement already.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm late to the party and please forgive if this question has been asked and answered already but when did Yulia make the switch from Eteri to Alexei? I hope the switch continues to yield positive improvements for her, I've always been nervous about her jumping technique and having seen footage of this short programme, it's great to see such improvement already.
Right after TEB. Eteri did not even attend the event and instead Dudakov went with her. It turns out they just weren't working well together and Yulia was working primarily with Sergei at that point anyway.

It's rumored that she asked to go train with Mishin but that he suggested Alexei. She loves Liza so that makes sense but I don't think we'll know all the details for some time.

Last edited:

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Sadly I didn't get to watch ladies and won't watch today due to holidays, but man was I pleasantly surprised to look at the standings. I am always rooting for Elena, so good for her for keeping it up and wow, I was never a huge fan of Lipnitskaya, but that yesterday's SP may have done it for me. :love:

I haven't watched all the videos yet, but such a shame for Tuktamysheva, she may pull forward in the FP though. And I have always had and still have soft spot for Sotnikva, so anxious to see the final results. Let's hope all russian ladies keep up keeping up. :laugh:

Latvian

On the Ice

Lipnitskaya has made the switch and started with Urmanov in november 23.

Amei

Record Breaker
Right after TEB. Eteri did not even attend the event and instead Dudakov went with her. It turns out they just weren't working well together and Yulia was working primarily with Sergei at that point anyway.

It's rumored that she asked to go train with Mishin but that he suggested Alexei. She loves Liza so that makes sense but I don't think we'll know all the details for some time.

I think Eteri wasn't at TEB because she had knew the coaching change announcement was coming.

lyverbird1

Final Flight

Thanks!