2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies Free Skate Feb 15 Seoul Time

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So strange..I don't even know what I saw there.
But...Yay Japan? Glad at least they got some medals.
I know Satoko and Rika will be relieved at least not to have to face their ravenous media empty handed.

I wish they had had a better showing though.
And Zijun Li....WHYYYY?? -I think she could have had bronze.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Wow, this thread needs to slow down. Every time I click on 'next page' there's 2 more pages to read! :eek:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Never mind Sochi, THIS is scandalous!

Zijun should at least be above Gracie, if not on the podium!

(Due to streaming issues, I've still to see the Japanese girls. So I can't really comment whether Zijun should be above them)

CaroLiza_fan

No, I just can't see the two on the same level of Moral Outrage. Do I think Zijun should be on the podium? Yes. But worse than Sochi? Please.

UnChosen

On the Ice
Gracie beats Zijun in PCS with that program...:shrug:

Program component scores should be changed to deep edge speed skating score instead.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The gala line-up has three open slots for ladies (the #1 lady + the two Korean ladies already are definites on the line-up).

Wonder whether Zijun will be asked to perform in the gala?

But then maybe Gracie would not be, and I don't wish that on her. Sigh.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Her SP, judged properly, wouldn't be much better than Zijun's either.

Wasn't it like 2 points higher than Zijun? Note: Zijun had lots of URs today too, so she really could've even gotten silver with more clean jumps. I also think her PCS might've suffered in the same way as Cesario in that they're slower skaters.

Nobody in this comp got that high of PCS between SP and LP either.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
No, I just can't see the two on the same level of Moral Outrage. Do I think Zijun should be on the podium? Yes. But worse than Sochi? Please.

Agreed, "worse than Sochi" is definitely a gross overstatement. :popcorn:

studentsb

Rinkside
What a mediocre competition. I am not a fan of Edmunds or Miyahara at all...and Gold was such a disappointment here. I think So Youn deserves higher PCS.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Never mind Sochi, THIS is scandalous!

Zijun should at least be above Gracie, if not on the podium!

(Due to streaming issues, I've still to see the Japanese girls. So I can't really comment whether Zijun should be above them)

Although I preferred Zijun's FS, I am absolutely delighted for Polina getting her first Senior Gold!

CaroLiza_fan

You're comparing robbing someone of an Olympic gold to robbing someone of a 4CC bronze? Gurl, please.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
The gala line-up has three open slots for ladies (the ladies' champion + the two Korean ladies already are definites on the line-up).

Wonder whether Zijun will be asked to perform in the gala?

But then maybe Gracie would not be, and I don't wish that on her.

One indignity after another :drama:

andyjo24

Medalist
I feel like you either have the mental goods or you don't.

Look at Liza and Kostner. Even Adelina who was not known for consistency won gold at Sochi.... Park does not have technical issues, so it won't be hard for her to move up like Nagasu or Zhang.

But in the end, no one knows. Time will tell....

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Heh bet 90% of the crowd thought... "GAWD I MISS YUNA (+ VETS)"

None of the performances were inspiring today, except may be Zijun because I know she had such a tough time last 2 years!

aa456

On the Ice
so Gracie gets the highest PCS of the night...with a meltdown.... I will never get how PCS are scored.

Not a fan of Polina but she deserves the gold.

I hope these girls get their nerves in check. I can't imagine what will happen when they have to face the Russian skaters.

Nvm I take my words back on ZiJun's performance. I thought she must've had a lot of underrotations but she didn't...I give up trying to explain score.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Wasn't it like 2 points higher than Zijun? Note: Zijun had lots of URs today too, so she really could've even gotten silver with more clean jumps. I also think her PCS might've suffered in the same way as Cesario in that they're slower skaters.

Nobody in this comp got that high of PCS between SP and LP either.

No URs for Zijun according to protocols.