2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Pairs Free Skate Feb 13 Seoul Time

peg

Medalist
You're in Canada, right. So, how do they do the commentary there?

Is the skating shown on separate English and French channels, with their own commentary teams? Or, is it only shown with English commentary?

And, do you think bi-ligual commentary like they have in Kazakhstan would work in Canada?

:cheer: COME ON LUBOV AND DYLAN!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

There are separate French and English channels. No mixed language commentary

Scovies

Final Flight
A couple of minor issues, but I just love them. This may sound weird, but something about Lubov reminds me of Akiko Suzuki (and I LOVE Akiko).

rain

Record Breaker
I thought this was already considerably better than their performance at Canadians. They seem to be making steady strides quickly.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There are separate French and English channels. No mixed language commentary

Thank you. Just something I often wondered.

Just saw somebody holding a sign for Lubov and Dylan:

"Attack on the top"

Does anybody have any idea what this is about?! :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Very rough; they did look tough. Definitely a bit disappointing; they undoubtedly were hoping to challenge the Americans S and K now they will be lucky to beat the two other Americans.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
If they don't skate From Russia with Love cleanly this season I hope they keep it for another season, the middle section starting with the lift with the lunge entry and until the death spiral are my fav

Last edited:

pandatours

On the Ice
I know Luba and Dylan's program are a little on the nose but I LOVE THEM. Dylan is so expressive and they have such good chemistry and feel for the music. I can't wait to see where they go from here

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
It is rare that I complain that much about facial expressions, but could that have been any more of a mismatch? She had super fake smiles and he looked expressionless most of the time. Ugh.

To me, expressions are such an important part of performance. I was watching a performance of La Bayadere from, I think, one of the major Russian companies, and couldn't stop laughing at Nikiya's last solo. The character is supposed to be overjoyed and dancing because she got flowers from her true love. The dancer portraying her had that joy and exuberance pouring out of her limbs...and a completely blank face. It looked so absurd. :rofl:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I think the heel of her blade caught the ice on that throw 3L.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I feel like they need to be repackaged. Kirsten with Michael now needs a new and original look.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO (CAN)

Music: Chess (musical) by Benny Andersson, Bjorn Ulvaeus

Black/white costumes with checkered details

3Tw
3T+3T+SEQ
5SLi - big troubles getting up, but done, not sure if valid
ChSq
3S
BoDs
PCoSp3p
3LoTh - fall
3STh - tilted, hand down?
5TLi
3Li - bit laboured entry
FCCoSp3p

Lift and throw problems, needs a lot of polishing

FS: 48.11+54.29-1.00 = 101.40, 160.70, 5th (out of 6)

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I know I'm going to hell but I laughed out loud when they botched the first lift. It was just too awkward.