2015 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 30-Aug. 2, Anaheim, CA | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2015 Glacier Falls Summer Classic, July 30-Aug. 2, Anaheim, CA

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Me too. I've been watching skating for so long that I just know I'll find a hidden gem in his program. Falls and all.

It really does look promising from what we have seen. It is supposed to get posted and I am sure we will all dissect it with glee. Sometimes skaters have odd starts to the season. Ashley Wagner was in last the Japan open last year, she bounced back just fine.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Layback11

:cheer::rock::cheer2:

Aww, thanks!

Thank you......My Night is saved.:cheer:

Mine too :cheer:
Gracie

Triple Lutz-triple toe (hand down after the toe)
Triple Flip (clean, bear the boards)
Double Axel (clean)
Charming footwork section (audience clapped along)

This could be a very strong program.

Yay! I'm so glad she's got better programs and landed everything...hand down isn't something I've ever seen her do, but it's not huge and probably a one time thing. Anyone have her score? That sounds like about a 67-point skate. Not bad.

mrrice

Record Breaker
It really does look promising from what we have seen. It is supposed to get posted and I am sure we will all dissect it with glee. Sometimes skaters have odd starts to the season. Ashley Wagner was in last the Japan open last year, she bounced back just fine.

True, and wasn't Gracie a bit slow getting started last season? She seems to be off to a much better start. Go Frank!!

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
How did Karen and Polina do?

Polina is in the last group so she has not skated.
Karen was last of the second group. She may have gone, hard to tell, but we are around the half way mark. I am guessing there is a zamboni break between groups 2 and 3 so maybe we will get some info then.

True, and wasn't Gracie a bit slow getting started last season? She seems to be off to a much better start. Go Frank!!

I am just glad people are liking her program!

Oreo

On the Ice
Karen fell on the 2a. She skated to Nessum Dorma--music perhaps a little too big for her. Polina is coming up in the last group. It'll be after 10pm.

Bruin714

On the Ice
Karen Chen

Triple Lutz-triple toe (stepped out of the triple toe, probably under-rotated)
She is quite fast
Triple loop (clean)
Skating to Tuandot with vocals. Music seems to big for her at this point.
Double Axel (fell, spun on her stomach, ouch)
As a result, her last spin was cut short and she finished behind the music.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Karen Chen

Triple Lutz-triple toe (stepped out of the triple toe, probably under-rotated)
She is quite fast
Triple loop (clean)
Skating to Tuandot with vocals. Music seems to big for her at this point.
Double Axel (fell, spun on her stomach, ouch)
As a result, her last spin was cut short and she finished behind the music.

Ouch...NOOO MY PRECIOUSES ARE SPLATTING :cry: :no: :cry:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Polina is in the last group so she has not skated.
Karen was last of the second group. She may have gone, hard to tell, but we are around the half way mark. I am guessing there is a zamboni break between groups 2 and 3 so maybe we will get some info then.

I am just glad people are liking her program!

Whoops. Forgot about time zones.

mrrice

Record Breaker
My goodness it's almost 10pm. Are they really not done yet? These skaters need rest if they're going to do Free Programs tomorrow. I hope all the early skaters have gone home.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think the last group was scheduled to end at 10:05. :popcorn:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
That makes sense. I still think it's too late for a skater be up. Their bodies need to recover for the Free Program. My heart!!!

Kinda have to agree that almost 2 AM for east coast skaters is a bit much, and a bit of an advantage for west coast skaters.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That makes sense. I still think it's too late for a skater be up. Their bodies need to recover for the Free Program. My heart!!!

If these skaters are anything like the ones I know...they won't be going to bed early anyway. :laugh: