2015 JGP J&T Banka Men FS Aug 22 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP J&T Banka Men FS Aug 22

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
The top 3 all did really well, as did Daniil and Daichi. I'm glad Samarin didn't medal if only because I don't want to see that shirt in any podium photos :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree! He has a lot of personality, great spins, and just seemed to skate more between his jumps. I liked him a lot!

I think I need to put Vincent on the "shake things up" list now. Way to come back from injury and then hit a quad in competition!

I think it's interesting strategy that Vincent and Roman are going for the quad rather than a 3A. It's not a bad strategy.

Wow Vincent responded to the critics of Tom Z that he's just a jumps coach, very interesting.

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Fun protocal fact: Denis was the only guy in the FS to land a clean 3a.

And Vincent ended up in second due to 3 URs and a level 3 step sequence.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
So...when was the last time three different countries from the western hemisphere swept the podium? Go Argentina!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Well, Denis used to compete for Canada, lived there since he was 3, and still trains there. But maybe if he has a successful career then the sport will take off in Argentina.

Layback11

Record Breaker
So...when was the last time three different countries from the western hemisphere swept the podium? Go Argentina!

I know! Awesome that there are Western Hemisphere countries besides the U.S. and Canada with skaters. Funny that he's named Denis, because I can think of another Denis who's also the first skater from his country to contend on the world scene...:laugh:

And I know we haven't seen many other skaters yet, but I'm going to guess that Roman and Nathan Chen are going to be the favorites for the junior world title this season. At very least, the U.S. should have at least three skaters in the final, if not more (Parsons for sure, probably McN/C, maybe Vivian if she wins Colorado Springs, maybe Vincent, probably Nathan, and maybe even Amber Glenn or Bradie Tennell). So, if all goes as expected, this should be a far better JGP run for the Muricans than last season.

humbaba

Final Flight
THAT CHEEK SCRATCH :rofl:

I noticed that too. I couldn't remember if it was Marlon Brando or James Caan that did the gesture in the movie. Doesn't matter, though. Watching Vincent channel either one of them is a hoot. :rock: That one gesture was worth the price of admission to the men's FS.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Is this Argentina's first international medal?

I think it is! :cheer:

For the JGPF, the only guys I'm really sure of are Nathan and Sota. Roman and Vincent have good chances as well.

(I feel like all of the Denis-es in men's figure skating follow a pattern of being a sort of trailblazer from a tiny country. D10, Margalik, Vasiljevs...)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Roman, Vincent, and Denis!

... Wow Vincent responded to the critics of Tom Z that he's just a jumps coach, very interesting.

Good point, Mrs. P. Very interesting.

vincent forget shake hands with Roman.:p

Until Roman helped VZ out :). All good.

THAT CHEEK SCRATCH :rofl:
I noticed that too. I couldn't remember if it was Marlon Brando or James Caan that did the gesture in the movie. Doesn't matter, though. Watching Vincent channel either one of them is a hoot. :rock: That one gesture was worth the price of admission to the men's FS.

Yesterday, IN posted a mini-vid of VZ's off-ice imitation of Don Corleone :cool::

BTW, count me among those who loved Kevin Shum's costume.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
(I feel like all of the Denis-es in men's figure skating follow a pattern of being a sort of trailblazer from a tiny country. D10, Margalik, Vasiljevs...)

Again, it's great that he is representing Argentina, but it's not really the same sort of situation as D10, Vasiljevs, etc. He never skated in Argentina. He's lived in Canada since he was 3.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
great job by Roman, Vincent and Denis!! great podium, its great to see no Japan or Russian skater for a change, not that they dont deserve it but this way its more exciting!!
Vincent looked so down during interview, i hope he is okay and just shy, he should be proud of himself :cheer: and its great to see him defending his coach! such good kid
but performance of the night for me is still belongs to Koshiro!!!! btw looking at the protocols he got the highest GOE for jumps with 1.20 for his 3Lz3T :cheer: