2015 JGP J&T Banka Men FS Aug 22

shmay

On the Ice
Two questions about Denis Margalik:

1. Does he speak Spanish?
2. Is he Jewish? Margalit is a relatively common Ashkenazi surname in Israel

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I think I need to put Vincent on the "shake things up" list now. Way to come back from injury and then hit a quad in competition!

I think it's interesting strategy that Vincent and Roman are going for the quad rather than a 3A. It's not a bad strategy.

Wow Vincent responded to the critics of Tom Z that he's just a jumps coach, very interesting.

Yeah I agree he's on the list to shake things up! Amazing that he's only 14. His spins are really good and he paid attention to the music. And I like that even tho he shows personality he's not mugging. He will be interesting to follow.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does Vincent not have a 3axel yet? Oh well he's only 14 and already he has a quad and he's got plenty of time to get the axel. The USA with Vincent, Nathan, Torgashev and Krasnozhon has an embarrassment of riches in the Junior ranks again after a couple down years.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yeah I agree he's on the list to shake things up! Amazing that he's only 14. His spins are really good and he paid attention to the music. And I like that even tho he shows personality he's not mugging. He will be interesting to follow.

It's hard to believe he is only 14 cause it feels like he's been away for so long since he won the junior title back in 2013.

But then I remember he was 12 then, then LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVTRnoX47qI

Check out the cute bowtie playing and the rippon lutz variation!

By the way, that's from his dad's YT channel, which also had this little gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn7MqnvXoY

Last edited:

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Gland to see Vincent competing again. But he lost the excitement in his skating two years ago, trying very hard to look super mature; same with Nathan Chan. I hope to see some lighter music and performance from 14 year olds.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I'm very happy for Denis :love: He's my new favourite after watching him in SP. Vincent has bright future before himself if he stays injury free.
Congratulations to all medalist & other skaters!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
It's hard to believe he is only 14 cause it feels like he's been away for so long since he won the junior title back in 2013.

But then I remember he was 12 then, then LOL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVTRnoX47qI

Check out the cute bowtie playing and the rippon lutz variation!

By the way, that's from his dad's YT channel, which also had this little gem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNn7MqnvXoY

Thanks for these - love the first 4S excitement! It's hard to believe he was 12 in that first clip - on the one hand because he was so tiny, on the other because his skating already has so many lovely qualities.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Two questions about Denis Margalik:

1. Does he speak Spanish?
2. Is he Jewish? Margalit is a relatively common Ashkenazi surname in Israel

I wonder why are skating fans asking this specific question about skaters so often? Why does one need to know somebody´s religion? I have not seen questions if somebody is catholic, methodist, protestant, etc.... Just feeling curious, I´m evangelic lutheran myself, LOL.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just an observation, but I have known several fans who particularly liked to cheer for all Jewish skaters, regardless of the country they represented.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Jewish might refer not only to religin, but also nationality. I autamatically cheer for skaters with polish roots fo example, so I'm interested in these kind of information too.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jewish might refer not only to religin, but also nationality. I autamatically cheer for skaters with polish roots fo example, so I'm interested in these kind of information too.

Same. Like I'm Jewish so I root for anyone representing Israel due to it being the homeland of the Jews.

Also I root for people representing for the Philippines because we have a really good family friend who immigrated to the USA from there and became the nanny for me and my brother when we were younger and she still helps out when my parents are at work, but not so much a "nanny" anymore. She's like my 2nd mother so whenever I hear about the Philippines, I think of her.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wonder why are skating fans asking this specific question about skaters so often? Why does one need to know somebody´s religion? I have not seen questions if somebody is catholic, methodist, protestant, etc.... Just feeling curious, I´m evangelic lutheran myself, LOL.

Well, because Judaism is considered a "minor" religion due to it not having a lot of followers. I myself am Jewish and so when I find out some others are, I'm like, "Sweet! Awesome!"

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
I think I need to put Vincent on the "shake things up" list now. Way to come back from injury and then hit a quad in competition!

I think it's interesting strategy that Vincent and Roman are going for the quad rather than a 3A. It's not a bad strategy.

Wow Vincent responded to the critics of Tom Z that he's just a jumps coach, very interesting.
Where is this said interview?? I wanna see!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Wow Vincent responded to the critics of Tom Z that he's just a jumps coach, very interesting.

Where is this said interview?? I wanna see!

Ted Barton's interview with Vincent Zhou is near the end of the Men's FS video in Bratislava. The interview starts at approx. 3:01:35, and lasts approx. two minutes.

My stupid confession :hopelessness: is that I originally thought that Mrs. P's comment did not refer to a literal response. At first, I thought she meant that Vincent's skating was a metaphorical response.
But then I remembered that I had missed an interview before the medal ceremony. Just went back to look to see who was interviewed.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting that interview golden. I was writing the post and listening to the feed and then heard Vincent talking about Tom Z and put that comment in a stream of consciousness way without occurring that people may not know what I was talking about.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Happy for Denis, Daniil & lovely Koshiro:love:
Congrats Roman