2015 NHK Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Free Dance

Matilda

Medalist
Dang! Stasia and Colin were doing sonwell until the twizzles. I really like this program.

Bumdid

Record Breaker
The music is kind of a drab. Definitely a step down from their SA performance for me. And also wow at Reed/Muramoto TES. It's pretty high for someone who just skated together. Marina's team has been bringing it in terms of TES so far.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I liked it OK.

I certainly liked it better than it will score. The twizzle error will hurt. This was a huge step up from the Japanese teams, but they'll probably only edge them in the standings.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Aw, bummer for Colin. I personally still like their program.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be a messy event. No more falls!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That was a cool rotational element at the end, but other than that I don't think this music showcases them the best.

The program is too overwrought and too literal--so it teeters on the edge of unintentionally hilarious.

And I say that as a fan. They're better than the program.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This program from C/B has a 1980's Soviet feel to it.

I don't think I like it.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I'm a little sick of this music, but I really like their opening 30 seconds. And the next 30. And the next. Ok, I like this program.

:luv17: And that dress :love:

Last edited:

caitie

Medalist
Aw, I really love Penny and Nick's program. I liked it last season too. The tech score doesn't look very good, though...

I really like Colin and Anastasia's program too, but it seems like they are having some issues with it. Fall here, total disaster skate at the Tallinn Trophy...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This program from C/B has a 1980's Soviet feel to it.

I don't think I like it.

It's a pairs program without jumps. Go back and watch it again and see how little they actually DANCE IN HOLD. It's a minuscule amount of time. The program is so open you could drive TWO trucks through it.

caitie

Medalist
This should be interesting... I don't think I've watched Stepanova and Bukin's free dance yet.

Scovies

Final Flight
It's a pairs program without jumps. Go back and watch it again and see how little they actually DANCE IN HOLD. It's a minuscule amount of time. The program is so open you could drive TWO trucks through it.

They won't be winning any Grand Prixs with it, but it's still fun to watch. :shrug:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

That's a very interesting observation. I'll watch it again on video.

Maybe that's why I am so lukewarm about the whole thing.