2015 Worlds Ladies Free Skate March 28 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Ladies Free Skate March 28

Bumdid

Record Breaker
My dream: Liza goes clean and wins Worlds, Ashley skates the LP like Nationals, wins the segment, and moves all the way up to bronze. :drama:

I love Ashley but I doubt she's gonna go above 132-133 for a clean LP. And considering she was 10+ something behind the japanese ladies who are pretty consistent themselves, it's going to be an uphill battle.

All I hope that Gracie skates a decent enough LP so that she and Polina can keep U.S three spots.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I love the beginning groups because they're so stress free. Look at that, a pop. And I don't care :yay:

Icey

Record Breaker
I hope this continues---the commentator hasn't said one word during her performance!!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i hope we are not in for a night of music mistakes and popped jumps…. it doesn't fit with all the caffeine i took to stay awake for this

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Oh my... You rarely see the ladies competition start off on such a sour note. :shocked: The men, yeah, but...

I'd love to see this too. But I followed rufflegrouse's lead and shot my hope. These Worlds have not been making me happy...
I know. I'll probably end up sobbing like a crazy person by the end of the night. But I like Ashley too much to ever give up hope.

andromache

Record Breaker
Being confident is important, but I think Ashley might have gotten too confident after nationals.

I disagree. I think Ashley is great at sounding confident and also sounding confident in order to convince herself of her ability. Her SP was not the performance of a confident skater.

That said, I don't think there is a such thing as too confident in a sport that's 90% mental. Granted, there's being too confident and refusing to make changes like Polina Edmunds, but Ashley has proved that she is not that sort of skater--she's worked hard on her lutz edge and UR issues, and been outspoken about doing so. But generally, if you are truly confident in yourself, you will live up to your abilities and put out a clean skate much of the time--look at Plushenko. Probably one of the most confident skaters ever (and some would say arrogant ;)) and also one of the best competitors.