2016-17 GPF Pairs SP | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs SP

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
ok, I give you the first two, but.... lousy day because it's snowing?? :shocked:

Give me some of that!!!

Oh good, you like snow? I guess I found someone to shovel my driveway. I pay $3 an hour and if you do a decent job I just may let you inside to use the washrooms if needed.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
See.. people who don't have snow are all excited by snow.

In Ottawa we have snow normally from late November through to April. You get pretty sick of it after awhile. It's pretty and everything at first. But shoveling it and dressing for -25C with a windchill gets old fast.

Giselle

Medalist
And even if she gets her citizenship on time they won't qualify for the Olympics anyway. It's kind of been a Canadian curse for he past two Olympics: first Kaitlyn Weaver in2010 and then Piper Gilles in 2014.

Of course in 2006 when we had Tanith Belbin leave Canada to become an American citizen and Skate with Ben, that went over without a hitch.

To be fair I believe that Belbin/Agosto also qualified for the 2002 Olympics but didn't get to go because Tanith wasn't a US citizen yet, so they suffered as well don't worry ;)

MeltedIce

On the Ice
jajajaja, does the offer include a plane ticket?

I guess I love the idea of snow because I never see it live :biggrin:

Oh good, you like snow? I guess I found someone to shovel my driveway. I pay $3 an hour and if you do a decent job I just may let you inside to use the washrooms if needed.

TGee

Record Breaker
Has the ice been fixed? If not P Chan wont do well and will blame it on the ice!

Uhm, can someone please tell me why skaters, coaches and federations shouldn't be complaining formally when ice, once again, in France has visible water spraying up as skaters stroke through at speed.

Not to mention wondering why the ISU tolerates it. If poor conditions present real hazards for those with the biggest jumps, and deepest edges, it means that it is water on ice is lowering the level of the sport, and that will never build the global audience ISU seeks...

NB It's one thing working around bad ice on the occasional day in training, it's another to shift your pattern to avoid water and soft spots when trying to deliver a peak performance.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker

Nothing is worse than 15cm of snow, -20C you get dressed you get out..you get a third of the way down the driveway and realize you have to inside for a pitstop.

QuadThrow

Medalist
First I thought D/R's score is ok. But with a look at the protocols I see that they underrotated the throw. (This is the first I have ever seen the techical commitee downgrading a throw)

So they only got 2.40 instead of 4.70. When I look at the other GOE I think they are still to high. All elements except the spin were not as good as the Russian elements.

The German judges gave a 9.75 in presentation. Come on. The Germans would say she had tomatoes on her eyes.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Nothing is worse than 15cm of snow, -20C you get dressed you get out..you get a third of the way down the driveway and realize you have to inside for a pitstop.

No snow here in Nova Scotia...mowed my lawn last Saturday. It's almost banana harvesting time ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
so in light of protocols : P/J lost quite a lot of levels... D/R are level 4 everywhere. So blame the tech panel now ;)

And actually the tech panel gave Meagan a carrot...

Giselle

Medalist
So P/J got level 3 on the twist, step sequence and spin. And low GOES overall. The RUS and CZE didn't seem to like them and gave them lower PCS than Z/E...

Kutien

Final Flight
1 Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV RUS 78.60 1 video
2 Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHN 75.34 2 video
3 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN 71.44 3 video
4 Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN 70.84 4 video
5 Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS 65.79 5 video
6 Julianne SEGUIN / Charlie BILODEAU CAN 60.86 6 video

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Btw CBC ...you owe me a beer replacement, given the frustrations of this afternoon. Heal thyself or risk a further fine.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Oh good, you like snow? I guess I found someone to shovel my driveway. I pay $3 an hour and if you do a decent job I just may let you inside to use the washrooms imricef needed.

Yes. Although now that I might not be getting rid of my brother tonight, you may have to sleep in the garden shed.

Weren't you the one calling me out on offering to make exchange on par for mrice?

TGee

Record Breaker
See.. people who don't have snow are all excited by snow.

In Ottawa we have snow normally from late November through to April. You get pretty sick of it after awhile. It's pretty and everything at first. But shoveling it and dressing for -25C with a windchill gets old fast.

C'mon ancientpeas, there are folks who blow it out of your driveway that aren't too expensive. But since the big snow up to the roofline winter in 2008, it's almost impossible to get anyone to take care of the walkways and steps.

And it least one of our kids is missing the snow by the second week of May....and so it's no wonder they spend our short summer inside skating....