2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
That's quite a list. I don't think you have someone on the list unless you know their name, though.

yuna13

On the Ice
Gabby makes a mis-step about halfway through the non-touch step. I'm not sure how much it affects the levels, but it was a glaring error even to a relatively ice dance novice like me.

Thank you

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ok I rewatched the French sd and I don't see the thing that everyone talks about. The twizzles are fine, the blues is fine, the swing too. They move their upper bodies it's in the choreography it's not a balance problem, it's a movement. But i want to understand so where is the mistake ?

Perhaps the protocols will shed light.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm also PDT. However, I can't miss the Men and I probably won't be able to sleep until I know if Jason will going to the GPF. I'm also excited to see how Nathan will perform under the pressure of skating following the reigning OGM.

It helps that I'm canadian and neither of the Canadian men here are going to do great. thought I do like them, and the americans as well, I'm just not invested enough to lose the sleep. Besides, they're long programs and I can watch the recaps program on my big screen TV, with commentary.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
Ok I rewatched the French sd and I don't see the thing that everyone talks about. The twizzles are fine, the blues is fine, the swing too. They move their upper bodies it's in the choreography it's not a balance problem, it's a movement. But i want to understand so where is the mistake ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr3hZvE1pEQ

Right at the 3:00 mark she stumbles - they probably lost a level on that.

alain06fr

On the Ice

It seems to me the mistake might be in the step sequence (to be confirmed). In any case, Guillaume does not look that happy once back in the Kiss&Cry and hugging Patrice Lauzon (hence before the scores are known). Let's see where are the 4 points difference.
In any case, Tessa, Scott, Gaby and Guillaume delivered a great SD today. Same for Anna and Luca.

auser

Record Breaker
;)
in random order... depending on mood swings.... :) anyone can leave this list or rejoin it, depending on awful costuming...

1) Patrick Chan
2) Scott Moir
3) Andrew Poje
4) Paul Poirier
5) Nikita Katsalapov
6) Guillaume Cizeron
7) Luca Lanotte
8) Han Yan
9) Denis Ten
10) Takahito Mura
11) Matteo Guarise
12) Nikolaj Sorensen
13) Sergei Voronov
14) Daniel Samohin (when he grows up)
15) Alex Shibutani
16) Max Aaron (for assets)
17) Morgan Ciprès
18) The coach with glasses from K/O USA pairs
19) Florent Amodio
20) Daisuke Murakami (loving his curls)
21) Elladj Baldé
22) Benett Toman
23) Eric Radford
24) Marien de la Asuncion
25) Francis Boudreau-Audet
26) Stéphane Lambiel
27) Jeffrey Buttle
28) Alexei Rogonov
29) Dylan Moscovitch
30) Ivan Righini
31) Josh Farris
32) Daisuke Takahashi
33) Robin Szolkowy
34) Javier Fernandez
35) Adria Diaz
36) Fedor Andreev
37) Last but not least ;) Brian Orser

I admire your taste :luv17:;)

rain

Record Breaker
I am in PDT. NHK is one of the best competitions for me time-wise, though I will bail after the pairs.

I haven't seen V/M SD before, and am glad I waited for this version. It was mesmerizing.

I think at worlds two years ago there were a lot of twizzle errors, and high marks were given for them anyway. since then, the general level of twiddles has improved. Except the shibs, who have always been stellar!

The darned editor keeps changing twizzle to twiddle! Anyone else have that problem?

Another PDT here! This was definitely the best I've seen V/M's SD. I was not anticipating such a spread in the points between them and the French prior to this competition. The FD is going to be very, very interesting. V/M's looked a little rough at Skate Canada, while P/C's looked almost perfect at the French grand prix and way outscored V/M's Skate Canada effort. But it's been awhile since Skate Canada and they've got some breathing room...

One thing I really noticed about V/M here was that the rink almost looked too small for them they were moving so powerfully out there. They came right up on the boards on numerous occasions. I also thought they looked like they were having a lot of fun.

nocturnalis

Medalist
I'm in PDT. My family didn't make the turkey today, so I have it cooking now. Can't go to sleep when you're making a turkey.