2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
Is it possible for a GOE to be greater than 3?? I was looking at V/M's protocols and their first element got a 3.14 GOE lol.

GOE is out of three but total points awarded from GOE can exceed 3, depending on the BV of the element. The base value for NtMiSt4 is huge, so points awarded from GOE actually exceed 3. It's some sort of multiplier, but I'm not too sure on the process for that, so...

glorybox6

Final Flight
Looking closer at the protocols, C/L (USA) had the only level 1 on the side-by-side twizzles, and very low GOE -- are judges not feeling the mirrored twizzles? It seems like they're leaving lots of points (at least 3-4) on the table by doing them this way..

liberrhythm

On the Ice
GOE is out of three but total points awarded from GOE can exceed 3, depending on the BV of the element. The base value for NtMiSt4 is huge, so points awarded from GOE actually exceed 3. It's some sort of multiplier, but I'm not too sure on the process for that, so...

That's sketchy lol.

Giselle

Medalist
That's interesting, because it's the only reason that I can think of for the reduced levels...

If it is choreo, I'm not sure why it'd be interpreted differently, but maybe a more lenient tech panel in France...?

Edit: I don't think GOEs are a really good indicator because IIRC the tech panel just hands out levels and GOEs are from the judges who aren't necessarily aware of change in levels.

They got L3 at both Trophee de France and NHK so we can't really say that the tech panel was more lenient in France.

What really killed them here is the Partial step which is only a L2.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
They got L3 at both Trophee de France and NHK so we can't really say that the tech panel was more lenient in France.

What really killed them here is the Partial step which is only a L2.

Oh man you're right - the entire time I thought the stumble was during the partial step. Ugh. This is way past my bedtime :(

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Woke up
Saw results
Ofc would be happier if SK are above 70 but no disaster or falls so congrats!
The German judge tho:palmf:
Happy for VM:yahoo:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Good morning! Everyone was lookin for ya.

Haha really?
U guys flatter me:laugh:
U already have a nice warm company of appreciators (idk if there's a word like this in english:biggrin:) of male beauty;)

How great that Massimo was in the KnC btw!!!:yahoo:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Haha really?
U guys flatter me:laugh:
U already have a nice warm company of appreciators (idk if there's a word like this in english:biggrin:) of male beauty;)

How great that Massimo was in the KnC btw!!!:yahoo:

"Appreciators" is good. "Admirers" would be more common. :yes:

And then there's 4everchan, aka "Big Daddy"....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
omg... you tried to hide that comment away from me... doing it when i switched thread... just because i put andrew on my list? bad bad sarah...
Somebody needs to get 4everchan out of the men's locker room over there. Security!

:laugh2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
While V/M's was clearly the best in the group, I think, they were over-scored. The calibre of D/W's Olympic SD is still unmatched. Watch and compare _ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61wv8v7cFLk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ndxb3VTQ0

Keep in mind that the BV is higher here due to the use of a Partial step sequence instead of a second pattern dance (the +GOE scale of values for a pattern is also lower). So really 79 here is probably like a 77 or 76 back in 2014.

It's not a perfect comparison.

Astrid56

Final Flight
Keep in mind that the BV is higher here due to the use of a Partial step sequence instead of a second pattern dance (the +GOE scale of values for a pattern is also lower). So really 79 here is probably like a 77 or 76 back in 2014.

It's not a perfect comparison.

I understand that and given that fact, judging should have been adjusted accordingly. I admire V/M and this performance and they clearly bested P/C but this scoring practice is ridiculous.