2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2016 Rio: Men's Artistic Gymnastics

thoakun

Final Flight
Japan won :yahoo:. Russia looked so ecstatic to get the silver.

Last edited:

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Congrats to Japan!! I'm happy horizontal bar went well this time and no fall like at worlds

liv

Record Breaker
Happy with the final results. Japanese were expected to do well, the Russians surprised and showed a bit of return to glory, and the Chinese clawed back to the podium after beginning so uncharacteristically poorly. I enjoyed how competitive and unpredictable it was. Guessing until the last. The women will be nowhere as interesting.

thoakun

Final Flight
Happy with the final results. Japanese were expected to do well, the Russians surprised and showed a bit of return to glory, and the Chinese clawed back to the podium after beginning so uncharacteristically poorly. I enjoyed how competitive and unpredictable it was. Guessing until the last. The women will be nowhere as interesting.

The battle for silver and bronze will be batshit crazy.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations Japan, Russia and China :cheer: Such a fun and somewhat unpredictable event!

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
So happy for Japan!

Heartbroken yet proud of Brits! So close! They did us proud. And when I think that for years we could hardly even get a team together for men. Well done, guys!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Tanaka finally had his redemption. After years of falling at the team final, he put out 3 flawless routines.
Kato was a solid as a rock again on 5 apparatus, he deserves the gold medal in consistency.
Uchimura was the mainstay of the group on 6 apparatus. Not entirely perfect, but no falls and he earned his most coveted gold medal that had been missing from his collection.
Kenzo was also so strong and his youthful energy pulled the team through the last exhausting dash.
Poor Koji, but I will say this, he could have fallen twice and then Japan would have had to pull a lot more pressure so at least he kept his mistakes to a minimum.
I had a great viewing party starting from 4AM and I'm hyped on coffee and need to go to work.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Daisuke Takahashi interviewed Kohei Uchimura! Great video with English subtitles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUHBoCTTxL8

oh my goodness, so much star power in one video! Uchimura sounds like a gymnastics genius- being able to substitute imagining the skill in his head for actual practice is not something I believe most athletes can do...! Obviously, he still needs to practice to train his muscles and build muscle memory, but wow, talk about efficient training!

treeloving

Medalist
Tanaka finally had his redemption. After years of falling at the team final, he put out 3 flawless routines.
Kato was a solid as a rock again on 5 apparatus, he deserves the gold medal in consistency.
Uchimura was the mainstay of the group on 6 apparatus. Not entirely perfect, but no falls and he earned his most coveted gold medal that had been missing from his collection.
Kenzo was also so strong and his youthful energy pulled the team through the last exhausting dash.
Poor Koji, but I will say this, he could have fallen twice and then Japan would have had to pull a lot more pressure so at least he kept his mistakes to a minimum.
I had a great viewing party starting from 4AM and I'm hyped on coffee and need to go to work.

I was quite worry about Tanaka as he always fall, I even doubted why he is always chosen to be in team but he is surprisingly consistent when it does matter this time. :agree:

thoakun

Final Flight
The German did a respectable job with only 4 members, going down only 0.243 from qual to TF. I don't follow MAG but where has this team been for the last quad?