2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP | Page 45 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP

Lota

Record Breaker
I remember when you could deliver clean, superb performances and still not reach a score like 144...

Yeah, the judging here was straight up murder, but not in all directions. I'm angry at myself for being surprised by the scores :palmf:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
As good a skater as Medvedeva is, I haven't seen this year's FS yet and I'm not sure if I want to given the reactions it's getting.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The only reason why I'm happy for Kaetlyn overscoring is that I hope she won't be lowballed like at 4CC ever again. Now she would be a contender and she won't be getting lower PCS than Gracie who had bad skate.

andromache

Record Breaker
So I make my boyfriend watch skating with me sometimes, and he always really likes Evgenia because she is so expressive. His two favorites are Evgenia and Ashley Wagner, and he's always so impressed because "they're both so expressive but in totally different ways."

He laughed at the George W. voiceover and at the 1950s phone call at the end.

Leonardo

Final Flight
I'm glad she got called on her edge with "!", even if it's not a full "E".

Edit: I just realized this is your own call and not the official protocols. Nevermind.

Exactly. I can't stand the fact that she always gets away with her flutz.

spookysushi

On the Ice
she needs fresh and new choreo and better music. something fun that challenges her, because what shes doing now won't break her record anytime soon

Eislauf

On the Ice
Tasteless. Take out the voices and noises, for goodness sake.

No kidding. What is it with Coach Eteri and catastrophic tragedy? First the Holocaust for Julia, now 9/11 for Medvedeva?

I suspect it's to overcompensate for their respective difficulties in communicating authentic feeling and emotion.

andyjo24

Medalist
At the arena right now, and to be honest, Evgenia's program was just a jump exercise back and forth...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Idk what to think about Evgenias program. Even if I didn't know what it was all about it left me confused. And it is very similar to everything she's done before. I understand that she's doing what works, but I wish they would work on her programs a bit. I hope that will at least happen in the Olympic season.

artsciboy

On the Ice
It bothers me that anyone would think that this was an okay program. If people tripped at Yulia's Schindler's List, why did her coach think that people were going to be okay with this?

I'm not sure her coach even recognizes that Evgenia has new FS music. Evgenia is, after all, skating to the same program and choreography just with different background noise.

lyndichee

Medalist
Evgenia's program is so weird but I really respect how committed she is to the storyline and choreography. Most skaters will have a moment when they get nervous, smile because they are happy an element is over or get distracted by the crowd a little but Evgenia is completely immersed in her program. She is so much taller than I imagined too.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Judges, if you can be harsh on the TES, why not be harsh too on the PCS? This scoring is ridiculous

Skinny80

Match Penalty
You mean her acting is expressive, but not her skating. Thats FIGURE skating, we want figures, not open mouth

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I said Evgenias ice coverage wasn't good in the short and she spent too much time in front of the judges but it was way better here, felt much more complete. I sat where the Lutz was and it was not e, unclear is fair because it was still not outside