2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP | Page 46 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Ladies FP

Lenny318

On the Ice
Cool, Med got gold for skating the exact same program as last year (not just similar jump layout, similar EVERYTHING) with those ridiculous sound effects. She's such a talent and I wish to see something else from her but hey with scores like that and no one coming close to challenging, why bother?

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
Her score is a bit much and I don't like those voices and sirens. Plus many moments in choreo are same compared to her last year's FP. But overall there is something special about her and today she performed in her own league. Kill me but I think she skated really beautifuly today. Maybe I don't hate it as much as the other because when 9/11 happened I was too young to know what is happening in the world...just saying I liked the performance.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Don't worry, Medvedeva will get great programs in Olympic season :)
Why waste best ideas on pre-Olympic season, when you can use them during Olympic year.

twirlingblades

Medalist
I think Schindler's list is a little different, though, because it was a very well-known and successful movie, and the music was taken from a soundtrack, and not voiceovers. Schindler's list was a masterpiece program. Like... Titanic was a real event too, but the music was taken from the movie.

eta

Medalist
Cool, Med got gold for skating the exact same program as last year (not just similar jump layout, similar EVERYTHING) with those ridiculous sound effects. She's such a talent and I wish to see something else from her but hey with scores like that and no one coming close to challenging, why bother?

Well it can't be helped - after they overscored Osmond, they had to go up with Evgenia.

lyndichee

Medalist
As a Canadian I felt like Kaetlyn was a little over scored. She is a really wild skater; you don't know if the jump will be landed until it is landed because sometimes she has a weird tilt/angle in the air. That being said, she has the biggest presence on ice.

lavoix

Match Penalty
I don't get those who don't like the music for Evgenia. All (and I mean, ALL) other competitors had such lame selection for their music. She actually chose something different.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight

Not exactly the same.
Loop comes before flip this time. Also, she has some new transitions