2016 Skate Canada Men's SP | Page 39 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate Canada Men's SP

Lota

Record Breaker
:yawn: ok, going to sleep now, bye! :bed:

P.S. I had such a nice time posting tonight, y'all made me laugh so much the night didn't seem long at all :laugh: So... same place, same time tomorrow?

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I sure swore a lot during this event! Thank you to Mura and Reynolds for salvaging the evening. And thanks to Mr. Rant for the yummy pork chops.
I do love Grand Prix season!

thoakun

Final Flight
I missed Kevin's program, which looks interesting in replay but then I went out and saved a lost red whiskered bulbul. Not a bad morning. Somehow the chat here is more fun than the whole Men's SP. Bye everyone :dance:.

auser

Record Breaker
Who choreographed Patrick Chan's short program? I thought Tracy Wilson said Jeff Buttle but he isn't listed as choreographer.

I could have sworn I heard her say Buttle choreographed as well. I thought I saw his style/influence in the program :confused2:.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I really don't think there should be a 9 points gap between Chan and Mura. That's disgusting.

Patrick had a gorgeous 4T/3T, landed his 3Lz and had superb skating, choreography, and performance. The only flaw was the fall on a rotated 3A. Mura stayed on his feet, quite a feat for an evening like this one, but should lose on the low quality of his quad, spins and program.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I really don't think there should be a 9 points gap between Chan and Mura. That's disgusting.

Well, comparing the two, Chan fell on an element, Mura stepped out of an element. Chan's execution of the other elements and overall level of skating is WAY superior to Mura. I think Mura should have had higher PCS and like 83 or 84, and Reynolds about 82 points, but Chan's scoring was about right.

It bears repeating that Mura's personal best is 89 points, he made an error, plus it's early in the season. I also don't think he fully committed to the flamenco character of his program even though the choreography was some of the best (for him).

DaPurpleDino

Final Flight
Where? I'm getting a blank page :(

Edit: this is in response to the protocols being out, I only clicked reply instead of quote OTL

Last edited:

Icey

Record Breaker
Patrick had a gorgeous 4T/3T, landed his 3Lz and had superb skating, choreography, and performance. The only flaw was the fall on a rotated 3A. Mura stayed on his feet, quite a feat for an evening like this one, but should lose on the low quality of his quad, spins and program.

I thought the landing on the lutz was shakey