2016 Trophée de France Short Dance | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Short Dance

Alba

Record Breaker
okay. I hardly consider myself an expert but I always thought Platov should get all the medals for putting up with the drama.

:laugh2: That's another competition and he still does hold the OGM for that also. And by the way, I loved Oksana. THE DIVA!;)

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
piper and paul are well-known for hitting their levels everywhere... this is strange... but i am no expert.. (sure twizzles but the other elements as well?)

Yeah, I'm suprised too by such a difference. If they had only made mistakes on twizzles, but other elements as well as at SC, they could still be second after SD, cause score difference for twizzles with GOE is not whole 4 points and they got 72 points for SD at SC.

royce

Rinkside
I find Cizeron has weird movements. It seems he can't stretch his body to full extention and always curved awdwardly. It hurts my eyes to watch sometimes.

That's my only criticism on him as well. He leans forward way too much.

apple123

On the Ice
If we're being shallow, do people really find Cizeron so hot? I mean with that neck? His body has a weird disportion because of the neck. Can't overlook it for me.

Anyway, back to the program, the whole thing is quite boring, nothing pops really. I'm not buying it's a winner.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Adding the standard reminder for everyone that any comparison of scores from different comps should be taken a grain of salt.

V/M at Skate Canada:
For those who will rush to add that V/M skated on home soil, of course the same is true for P/C.
So IMO, it is way too early to write off V/M.

Congrats to P/C for winning the SD here.

Hope Madi and Zach can move up with their FD.
I am confused Madi and Zach are doing just fine. In fact a bit lucky that the Canadians had a horrible skate and the Russians didn't pass them too. Great team and skates from p/c crown them world champs - over marked but the judges love them.I really do like Cizeron but i don't think he is the best male ice dancer very good and p robably the best dancer (not necessarily ice dancer) his bodh type and moves like a real dancer but that doesn't mean ice dancer. He has as one poster said an amazing soft look about it but not so strong looking in otherr skates. But p/c skate programs that highlight their strenghts whereas V/M and other will try other stuff thaat may not be as compleentary. The FRench are very smart competitors.

Rossig

On the Ice
Well, degustibus I suppose. But I'd hit him!
I have noticed many people would, no matter what sex they are lol. I just don't get it. I don't find him hot at all. But it would be boring if everybody had the same taste :)

keasus

On the Ice
Also, coming out of the lift, she looked as if she were holding on for dear life and the noticeable break toward the end of the program. At first I thought she was bending at the waist because Cizeron was going to vault over her as I've seen in some Lindy hops. Their placement is correct, but the scores for what they actually put out there are absurd.

Alba

Record Breaker
I have noticed many people would, no matter what sex they are lol. I just don't get it. I don't find him hot at all. But it would be boring if everybody had the same taste :)

True. It's the same with me towards Poje. He is very handsome indeed, but not my cup of tea in that sense.

apple123

On the Ice
The highlight of the last group is H/D for me. I quite enjoy the variation of their lift and twizzle. It's fun and energetic.

Giselle

Medalist
Honestly if this doesn't make H/D rethink their SD I don't know what will.
The judges don't like this program and won't give them the benefit of the doubt. 66pts at this point just isn't enough to be fighting for top 5 at worlds or top 2 in the USA. They really need to reduce the number of music cuts.
They actually got better levels than I/Z but their GOEs are lower than their competitors.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Was away
Looked at the results
Saw IZ in 2nd
Positively shocked
YEEEEEEEEE:yahoo::hap57:

Need to see the perf
I hope they can maintain that in the free
Really what a nice surprise I may get when expecting the worst:agree::laugh:

Last edited:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Cizeron is completely not my type either:laugh:
I'm all for Poje, Nikita or Alex Shib

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I am confused Madi and Zach are doing just fine. In fact a bit lucky that the Canadians had a horrible skate and the Russians didn't pass them too. ...

Huh? The Russians (who placed second) did indeed pass Madi and Zach (who placed third).

So I am confused by your post.

Hope that Madi and Zach's FD will put silver within their reach :yay:.